I am worried

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun

Reaction score
hey guys
I have fed my spotted python today and after i fed it i put her back in the big tank but by accident her head went right into the water, it only went in for a few seconds and the water wasnt deep!
What should i do? I am so worried!! Please help me!!

Shaun

it wont her shaun, sometimes they do it deliberatly mate. :wink:

If she only dipped her head for a few seconds mate, she'll be just fine, did she blow bubbles or just in and out real quick?
if she was blowing bubbles, keep an eye out for a while, listen for any odd breathing, incase she got some water down the wrong way(windpipe) but i think its unlikly and nothing to worry about. its good your so concerned mate. happy herping. :wink:

Did i miss something.....are you worried about your snakes head getting wet??????? :?

Dont be hard on him Dug, hes new to it all mate, atleast he cares, and thats a good thing. Enjoy your new pet Shaun. :wink:

No i honestly thought i missed something.

Mate dont worry at all.

dugadugabowbow said:
Did i miss something.....are you worried about your snakes head getting wet??????? :?

Yes i am worried about getting my snakes head wet! I am probably over worried!
It was after she has eaten!!
I love my animals and reptiles, so I do really care about them!!

Shaun

just a tip Shaun, you've obviously fed outside the enclosure, thats just fine, but do try to avoid holding her for atleast a day after a feed, lets her tummy settle, sometimes the regurtitate if handled after eating. dont worry, your doing great, she'll love you. :wink:

Hello Shaun,

True, it can be a fright when they do something unexpected. I fed my MD a mouse once and she got very messy, she went straight to her water bowl and submerged, she did this a few times. One of our hatchy Carpets took her mouse into the water bowl to constrict and eat it. I was horrified. I thought she was going to drown, but she's fine.
There's a photo of the little one eating in water in my Gallery.

Em

mate put your mind at rest. like Fuscuy old boy I have a coastal who will quite happily sit completly submerged for hours only coming up occasionally for air and then straight back under. (no it doesn't have mites) I think he just desires to be a water snake. lol they are able to shut off their nasal passages in the similar way that we are. Some like the water and some don't. I will from time to time put mine in a bath of luke warm water just before they sloth to give them a bit of an extra hand.

don't worry mate!!
one of my diamond spents hour on hot days fully submerged it is water tray!!
And no it dosen't have mites!! :evil:

yeh wat they sed, snakes shouldnt be affected at all by water going on there head, otherwise most snakes would probably be dead by now. I used to have a 2m coastal which would just submerge for ages but my darwin carpet and diamond seem to prefer misting which i do daily. I used to get worried when my lizards (beardies, jackies ect.) used to drink with their head fully submerged for at least a few minutes at a time. Sometimes ya gotta think they have a death wish but they know when its time to breathe so there was never really anything to worry about. Relax dude, she wont melt. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back