Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert, but I give my diamond a hot spot of 32 and ambient in the cool end during the day, and ambient temp only at night.

pythonkisses said:
so with the lights i have now the 100w and 40 w are they ok to use or do i need others?

PK :)

They are ok as long as you have a thermostat! I would definitely recommend you give them UV light too!

With my diamonds, I keep them in a large mesh enclosure in my reptile room and I don't use any heating, just a UV light, and the are healthy as could be! But I probably wouldn't recommend keeping them like that down there as it is a fair bit cooler.

But anyway, with diamonds, give them a big enclosure with plenty of ventilation, keep them a bit cooler than you would a carpet, give them UV light and they should thrive!

Good luck!

Daniel

diamonds arn't like other snakes, don't treat them the same. you want the ambient temp for a diamond in the warm end to be abt 29 degrees..........and the basking spot right under the lights can be a little warmer, but ours with sunshine is only abt 30 degrees, not much different at all. the cooler end drops to 23/24 degrees which is where she spends alot of her time, which goes to show they don't want or need the heat, of 30 and above. this is what i would be doing. :)

I'm no expert at all but for what its worth:

I have it at 32 drgs warm end, 22-24 cool end. I have a uv light which he never ever basks under! :( And I have several hides which he loves.

I keep the humidity between 40-45 until he's about to shed and then bump it up to 60-65.

They look like nice friendly diamonds Pythonkisses. Enjoy them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back