Olive Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well the season offically started today with the first 19 eggs from my old Olive Python female. Still 3 more clutches of Olives to come yet.

Waw that is strange timing Bigguy. I just put mine together last month. But nothing noticed yet. Looks like you are right. She is to young yet.

You don't want all those eggs do you Bigguy? Don't worry, I'll take them off your hands ;)

You lucky bugger! :)

Looks like fair few eggs bob, is that average for the species or exceptional? Either way, Congrats! :) p.s They look surprisingly large too, almost chook egg size, must be big strapping hatchys?

Awwww, I'd love to get another Olive, a boy for my girl.
Must start rearanging furniture to find a configuration that'll let me fit another big enclosure into the flat....Hmm, maybe if we chucked out the longe suite....

Anyway, great news Bob!

Hope all goes well for you bigguy. How big/old is she.

Instar, they are a lot bigger than a chook egg, actually larger than a goose egg. As for the clutch size, she normally has 20 to 22 over the last 11 years, this year is her smallest at 19.

Hugsta, she is around 20 years old and just over 9 feet long. In prime condition she weighs around 12kgs.

Bob,
My olives average that kind of weight/clutch size ratio as well.
20 eggs at 12kg, how big a clutch would you estimate Tim's 35 kg monster female to lay?

Splitmore, at that size you would expect a world record clutch of about 50 to 60 eggs :wink:

20 eggs at 12kg is about 1.7 eggs per kg. So Tim's would be about 60 eggs... according to stats anyways :)

Hmmmmmmmm Olive eggs you taking orders yet:) or wait till there born keep us up to date as things go everyone told me to look you up for an olive.
Well everyone was right lol i said i was getting one snake if i get an olive from you i will have 3 opps how did that happen heheheheheh

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back