Drugs anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this link this morning about the 'Greens' Policy about legalising recreational drugs, by regulating their distribution, and only have licensed people sell them, at certain venues. I thought this was rather insane, esp. considering the dangers of escasty and heroin? I think marijuana is okay (just my opinion, don't jump on me for it), but escasty and other rec drugs? Insane :?
http://www.nsw.greens.org.au/policies/Drugs.php#466._Recreat

I have to disagree with a few statements in that, but then again, which party brought us legal "shooting" galleries for junkies? :|

note: I would support the industrial use of hemp, if only to minimise enviromental (soil degradation) harm and habitat loss caused by logging of forest, where hemp could be used instead, ie paper production, cardboard packaging, clothing etc.

Weed should be avail for people that can't get any relief from other medacine. last resort type thing.

Drugs are bad!... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: geez im funny. Nothin worng with burnin herb.

I've started another thread on Greens policy - keeping and trading native animals. They want to phase out keeping of native animals by private people.

Problem seems to be overlooked with drug legislation is that regardless of legality of the the drug itself, users never the less, must function in day to day life, drive, work, operate machinery etc .particulary with pot, it stays in the system, stored in fatty tissues etc, so even if the user is not actually "stoned", a roadside or workplace drugtest would still be positive.
What point if you can legally use the drug but cannot legally drive, work etc after having used it? Still not a socially, ethically sound end result.
Prefer to see legally manufactured pharmecutical alternatives, with same, "get happy" effect,
which is safe, will not adversly affect day to day activities, and cannot become a profit source for the criminal minded. .just a thought!

problem with manufactured pharmecutical drugs is that you never know what is in it, not 100% anyway. If you grew pot yourself u could say 100% what it is, and not have the chance of it causing od's like with so many manufactured drugs.

Good point Soul, kinda leads back to my point though, we end up a nation of giggling, lazy ,unmotivated "workers". Sickies would skyrocket imo. (incidently, yes im on a sicky right now, flu not pot! :p ) Imagine traffic jams with 19,000 smashed drivers, sitting at the lights, thinking what lovely colors they are. LOL

i am in two minds with this argument. i think people should stick to the naturals (weed etc) if they want to do drugs. but having done alot of it in the not to distant past and now overcoming this i think everyone would be better off if it was better policed

well my question is who would be suitable to do the testing and what qualification do you need .and as far as hemp for medical relief if you know what to ask and how to go about it your gp can precribe it and get goverment approvel,i know this as i get my hemp from the goverment legaly

Drugs of any form, legal or not = ****.

Even though I drink alcohol and a fark load of caffiene, its bad!

Brodie

Hemp is a totally different thing all together, it has an extremely low THC level which means you could smoke a whole field of it and get nothing but a headache.
Hemp is what is used in clothes etc, which as no real reason to be illegal.

green policies

i have just read both threads up here about the greens proposed policies, and am somewhat confused!
i am all in favour of conservation and a bit of an environmentalist but how can these knuckle heads put forward a policy to legalise recreational drugs, and then put forward another one to try and ban the keeping of native animals as pets. as someone mentioned by keeping and breeding the native animals etc. surely we are doing more good than harm when it comes to protecting the wild native animals, and it is also helping bring positive attention to these animals!
they will be kept in nice secure warm enclosures and looked after by keen and experienced keepers, the same cannot be said for some stoned person wandering around trying to catch the fairies!

Apparently (I heard this on the radio), they want to also open the doors to refugees, but lower the population by 2 million people.

???

I think that once drugs are legalised as they suggest, opur population will go up significantly from people migrating in because of the legal drugs.

Just my two cents again.
:p
Hix

Hemp is a totally different thing all together, it has an extremely low THC level which means you could smoke a whole field of it and get nothing but a headache.

The low THC hemp which was trialed was a failure. The THC makes the plant resistant to insects, fungi and stuff and the modified plant was a lot weaker.

Interestingly, heroin is considered to be the drug with the least long term harm. If a source of clean heroin was available and legal, it would have the possibility of solving a lot of problems. Note I say possibility.
Pot is harmless and natural, sure tell that to some of my mates from high school who now have schizophrenia or dependence problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back