Great doco monday 10.30 on animal planet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What that have to do with Maturity Sam
I just liked his show and I am saying this publicly.
I think that I have right to do that. Maybe that makes me immature.
Mind you I would not mind to be bit younger mate.

Regarding Baritji and Alexhander post, I don't like people using the world IDIOT so easily. Specially young people who did not achieve much them selves in they live yet.
I think that he is successful man and he is giving joy to many people. Same as our Sir Craiky.
I don't like to much programs and Docos from Steve, but I am not calling him Idiot.
He is not my type of man, but I can't dispute his success.

I have no Idea about the facts Alex and Brodie stated and I am not arguing about that. Just calling him Idiot sound bit strong to me.
He can't defend him self here in forum( LOL ) so I am doing it for him.
Now all the serious herpers will give me hard time and I have to take it bravely.

Many people do like or dislike certain personalities, I happen to like this program on tv this Monday. SO Shoot me and call me immature.

Now give me heaps people, I declare Slateman season, just don't hit me under the belt and don't call me Idiot.

instar said:
Slatey, consider us underprivaledged folk who dont get animal planet, be kind, If you know such a show will be on in future, I will pay you for video copy.......Please? :D

"Oi, Slatey" :arrow: ???? Im invisible mate?

Inny I will try to tape some for you in future.
You are obvieously one of the immature ones like me.

Thanks Slatey, I must be, I like any wildlife doco, atleast the animals themselves are not acting, They are the reason I watch, what the person harrassing them is saying I couldnt care less(unless its Sir David), lol Must say Crikey's enthusiam endears me to him. I have not heard of Austin Steve but Im sure id watch anyway. :D

Slately,

I don't think anyone was personally attacking you over it, and I think Sam was meaning by immature remarks, the remarks aimed directly at Alex. (just speculating, I don't know Sam).

Everyone has the right to express their opinion on a public personality here, it's been done over and over with Steve Irwin. If someone thinks a certain entertainer is an idiot, and you like him, it's not an attack on you, just disagreeing.

I think you are being too sensitive about it. :wink:

I don't know anything about this guy, but it does sound as though he is provoking the snakes in question. A big no-no in my book. The same reason I don't stir up one of my huge spiders for a photo. If I get one, I get one, no reason to stage it.

Just my opinion anyhow. :D Each to his own, eh? :wink:

That wasn't ritten in slateman inglish mate, what gives? ;) :p

I just liked his show and I am saying this publicly.
I think that I have right to do that. Maybe that makes me immature.
Many people do like or dislike certain personalities, I happen to like this program on tv this Monday. SO Shoot me and call me immature.

I never thought or claimed that your appreciation of the show was immature, you are entitled to your opinion and I would not argue that. I also feel that other people are entitled to theirs.
Some people would think that forcing 36 snakes to spend 107 days in an enclosure with him is an act worthy of calling him something slightly worse than "idiot". But that's just their opinion ;)
All I disagreed with and was referring to was your response to Alex.

Thanks for that nome! :D You understood what I was saying. Hey, I probably should have kept my mouth shut in the first place, but i guess it just bothered me :p
I don't know Sam).
Then how did you know my name... :? :shock: :?

hey_im_sam said:
Thanks for that nome! :D You understood what I was saying. Hey, I probably should have kept my mouth shut in the first place, but i guess it just bothered me :p
I don't know Sam).
Then how did you know my name... :? :shock: :?

LOL, i mean I've never spoken to you, or know how you think, just covering all my bases is all :wink: :D :D

As far as I see it, the only entertaining part of his shows is guessing how many times he will get bitten.

Again, it is your choice if you would like to aspire to someone as irresponsible as him. He is not telling the 'truth' about snakes, he is only increasing peoples fear about them.

Also it seems to me like you need to re-read the forum rules.

Specially young people who did not achieve much them selves in they live yet.

By my definition that isn't very nice and is braking this rule

Be nice to other members and respect they privacy. Any name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated. You will be given a chance to apologise, however if not done so, or if you are a repeat offender, your account will be deleted.

Regarding Baritji and Alexhander post, I don't like people using the world IDIOT so easily.

This guy really is an idiot. I don't often describe people as idiots very often, but seriously he is one.

This brakes this rule

Be tolerant of all other users. Remember, we have members of all ages and levels of experience and enthusiasm. Rude remarks and hurtfully sarcastic comments will be deleted. Bear in mind that a sarcastic comment that an adult would laugh at may be hurtful to a young member.

You keep on refering to me as an expert. Not at one stage of this discussion have i claimed to be one.

Alexahnder

doco's

it is good to see one of these debates that wasn't started because of something steve irwin did or said! like some of the others i haven't heard of austin steven so don't know what he is like but i have spoken to another of the well known and apparently respected herpers in australia who has said they themselves use staged footage of their snakes in many of their documentaries as it isn't always possible to get the best footage when out in the bush! whilst not bad as showing animals that are not from the area is this not still to be considered as slightly misleading!
i find it a refreshing change to see someone make a positive comment about a wildlife documentary for once.
i think society in general is becoming a far too negative place these days!

a documentry is supposed to be an educational film.
Using a snake that is not found in that part of Africa, is NOT educational. This film might be good for entertainment, but is a **** house documentry.

The guy is an idiot, look at how many times he has been bitten, sleeping in a bed with Black Mambas and cobras is not at all intelligent, not going to hospital after being bitten by a cobra is also stupid.

if slatey doesn't like the word stupid.........use unintelligent?
lol
but i have to agree with ya brodes if its set up its not a doco its a tv show

I don't have any problem with set up documentaries, and I know for a fact that alot of David Attenbouroughs docos are in many places set up. What I do have a problem with is when no good information is shown and when the presenter uses the animals for his own self promotion.

Brodie has put it very well....sleeping with a black mamba and cobras is stupid. It doesn't take a genious to figure that out.

Alexahnder

Well i watched last weeks show where he got bitten and they filmed it all,taking him to hospital etc.He harrases the snakes full on and nearly got bitten so many times.This weeks show with the giant king cobra was entertaining and good tv i guess but not for most of us herepers i'm sure. He actually free handled that monster king cobra at 14-15 ft.I must say that was one hell of an impressive looking snake!!!

He does some really stupid things,moreso than sir crikey,but i wouldn't just call him an idiot,i'd call him a crazy idiot which of course is my opinion of him.Although i did enjoy watching the shows and there were plenty of snakes..i shoulda taped it then it could be sent around so everyone can see howmuch of a crazy idiot he is...even he says himself that he's crazy.....

I am talking about doco showed on Monday as documentary.
I think that this program was actualy documentary. Did you see it? If not, why you puting this doco down as set up with out proove. I think that he handled him self excelent in this doco.

I can't judge the other programs you guys talking about. Or the sleeping with snake thing, becaose I don't know much about it.
My thread compliment the doco showed on Monday. By seeing that, I would not call him Idiot.
Mabe I am wrong, but reason I defend him is that I enjoyed this doco a lot.

I did see it Slatey, My mate taped it for me and gave it to me yesterday arvo. I think, that as always he was an idiot. I am not arguing the fact that the show wasnt good entertainment, because it was.. But it was not a documentry and the guy is an idiot.

I also enjoyed the Doco too Slatey

His next one will be searching for the giant anaconda,and in the shorts for it he dives off the top of a 40 foot high boat into a river to get the snake and dislocated his shoulder...all makes for good viewing for sure.I'm sure there'll be more crazy antics and stupidity shown as it makes good tv......you'll find with all of these docos that they are in the most part completely staged..

Ok...lets put it this way

Do you seriously think that a network would fund for a whole camera crew, equipment, and presenter to travel to india because there is a possibility of seeing someone handle a 15 foot king cobra. I don't think so. A doco like that would be a complete flop. The liklehood of even seeing a wild king cobra of that size is very low, especially working to a timeframe.

Alexahnder

Looks like you all guys think that he is bad guy in our hoby.
I am giving up. Mabe I am silly old man. I don't know what to say anymore.
I enjoyed this program so much on Monday, I am looking for more in future. I think I am Mad.
I like Idiot I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back