not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok redline, relax. ur snake wont starve itself to death. Try and keep handling to a minimum. increase temperature a couple of degrees. try pinkie rats. try scenting or braining. In the end it will eat. If nuthing works than just try tapping the snake around the mouth and neck with a pinkie, this is how i got all my snakes onto dead. it seems that if they get annoyed enough thhey will grab hold of it. Dont wory about it losing a bit of weight, it could go a lot more than 9 weeks without feeding.

still not eating, last time it ate was on the 9/ 7 / 04 it ate two pinkies. On the 30/7/04 and the 14/8/04 it shedded its skin l have put the temp up to 30+ ive also just noticed when im handing it that it puffs up the botton of its throat like a frog.. very wierd.. its lost a lot of weight can someone suggest anything .

just thought it was strange thats all cos mine are a few months younger then yours and they haven't seen a pinkie for

How old is it?

I have one about the same age still on pinkies. Only about 35cm long... fussy little spit.

well i think it's about 8mths old it's about 25cm. what can i do

If its lost a lot of weight i'd get it to a good reptile vet. Loosing weight is a sign of parasites.

ok i live in melbourne anyone no a good vet i can go too

what about when im handing it that it puffs up the botton of its throat like a frog

parasites what can i do to help it is there anything that can be done to save my snake

Red, I generally don't believe in the theory of the small cage thing but on occasion it may be necessary to do so. Put it in a click-clak with say a milk bottle lid for water and a little bit of paper towel for it to hide under, leave it alone without touching it for a week or so (checking to make sure it has water of course) and after about a week put a fuzzie in there just before going to bed and see how you go. You may be lucky to have it happen first go might not but give it a crack. I have always had good success with this.

guess what ppl my snake has eated. Its last meal was on the 9/7/04 and it just anit 12/9/04 at 3:30 just wanna say thanks for ppl helping me out keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back