It's about time.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEWY

Reaction score
Yes, I finally got around to doing it (with a little help from my mate.
Now you can all have a look at a small portion of the photos I have taken in Peru. A little tease for basketcase who will be there in November.
Enjoy.

Justin

yeah chewy u need to name ur album. VERY nice things there. i personally like the Blunt Headed Tree Snake, yeah u mis spelt the scientific name to. only one letter or so.
cheers
pete

Which ones have I spelt incorrectly? And yeah, I do need to name my album, been trying for ages. Won't work :evil:

Fixed that for ya, Chewy!

There's some GREAT shots in there!

Thanks Latzd, been trying for ages. Only added most of my snake pics, I have over 500 herp pics. I love digital cameras.

My god, thats fantastic. I really like the cover shot of the giant penis frog that holds on by sticking.......................................

Awesome mate, love those vipers, wish I was coming with basketcase!

ur sicentific name of Blunt Headed Tree Snake has like one letter wrong in it. see if u can find it!!

Now you cant tell me that this isnt the cutest little snake you have ever seen...just love the eyes, looks like a real life cartoon!!! i love it!!!!
Chironius_fuscus.jpg

Cheers, Alan.

Very nice pics Chewy, green with envy mate. loved the frog on your face too, for a sec I thought you had contracted a nasty tropical disease LOl. :D

for a sec I thought you had contracted a nasty tropical disease LOl.
I'm not happy about it, but I did. Jono, take care with the nocturnal sandflies mate. I took precautions and copped this!

Crikey, i hope that clears up quick mate. gotta take the bad with the good i guess. Bet ya still think the trip was worthwhile and you'd do it again. :) Suppose you forgot the aerogard!

Nope, had my areoguard the whole time. What I suspect it is, is a protozoan that is eating my skin. Was quite small for 6 weeks, but once I got home, it has exploded to this size in only two weeks. It grows at about 1mm a day.
Had a biopsy yesterday to try and culture it. Hopefully then they can identify exactly what species. Even then, I have to wait a further 2-3 weeks for the treatment to be transported to the country. That's a daily injection of heavy metals for 20 days. Sounds great.
Even after that and the wound has healed, theres still a chance of it flairing up again whenever my immune system drops. :evil:

Aw sorry i took it so lightly chewy, sounds pretty bad, im guessing they must beleive it to be resistant to antibiotics/penicillan, or is that why they need to id it?
What are you doing with it in the meantime?

There's not much I can do. They have given me some capsules that deals with one species, there's a good chance that the pills won't do anything. It's causing some pain and discomfort but you just have to deal with it.
But I did forget to mention, that it was definately worth it. I loved every minute in the forest and would love to do it again. They do this project every couple of years and will definately consider it next time it comes around. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back