Aquarium Idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i found this on the web and thought it would be nice to have in my place......... anyone have a guess about cost and maintenance?

my mum wants it here to now
yay ;)

Don't think the fish would last long in that! You would have to make provision for filtration, feeding etc and all the time making sure it is soap proof as soap is one of the biggest killers of aquarium fish. To do this it would have to be sealed except when feeding which means you would also have to pump in external air from an area not affected by cleaning fumes or air fresheners etc. It CAN be done but you would have a hell of a lot of work on your hands and if you commissioned it the cost would be astronomical.
Don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but thought I'd just give you my thoughts on it :)

that would be good idea with the drain you will want it so the soapie water can't get in with the fish so make a pipe go of the drain down so none of the soapie water will affect the fish.

Not a good idea however cool it looks, the whole top would have to come of for maintainence, filtration would be big hassle, not to mention hot water in it would affect surface temps therefor
be a problem with oxygenation. sorry. have seen similar toilet systerns which change a third of the water with every flush, not good either. back to the drawing board im afraid :)

unless you want to buy new fish very often!

You need a surface area for oxygen exchange outherwise the fish would just suffocate. I suppose you could rig up a set of pipes to another aquarium but ...
Fuscy, if you used a trickle filter you could provide oxygenated water in that way but this would need to be housed in another room also.

sp

PythonKeeper said:
that would be good idea with the drain you will want it so the soapie water can't get in with the fish so make a pipe go of the drain down so none of the soapie water will affect the fish.

can u say this again please, i don't follow what ur saying.

No please liberated once was enough. lol

ha there is a bloke on the gold coast that makes bar tables doing the same idea(he was at the home show) the small tables were about $2000 but i have no idae on that but that might help

still does look really cool but. It would be good to go to a resturant or something of the like where there is one ( so you didn't have to clean it)

hmm would it make it easyer if u kept death adders in there instead of fish i mean no water soapy water dont affect them put sum wholes or a vent sumwhere and have a glass door on one of the sides lol kinda deffets the point a bit but u neve know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back