I know You Guys Hate Hybrids But...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAte, they are awesome looking snakes no matter what they are.

I wish they were mine. I'm going to give it a shot probably next year producing some Bateaters. They're a difficult cross to acheive. I've also thought about attempting to cross my Afrock with a Retic. To my knowledge no one's tried it yet. What a monster that would be. :twisted:

I just read over most of that post. I was shocked at the amount of bull$hit spat out by some people. :shock:

It looked like a very long thread .

Kev how hard is it to get two different types of snakes to breed together ? do they fight or what ?

The Bob Clark forum is full of BS. The problem is there's also some really knowledgable people there too. For the most part it's not a very friendly place. Just alot of kissing the moderators butts.

It is hard to get a species to cross. Getting them to mate isn't always the problem but alot of the times the eggs will be infertile. This difficulty is reflected in the $2000 USD price tag on Bateaters.

Not that long ago I saw a pic of a BloodxBall. That was interesting. Nothing like the Bateaters.

its a nice snake but heck, there is another hybrid to add to the list. Im now a member on the bob clark fan club :twisted:

yeah, stupid name. Im going to cross a scrubby and a carpet and call it a "super python 2004"
lol, sorry for the sarcasm

Got me why they call them Borneo Bateaters. There's no Burms in Borneo. That's just what the first guy to produce them called them. I did hear somewhere that the first Bateaters where wild caught imports. Not sure on the truth of this though.

Im going to cross a scrubby and a carpet and call it a "super python 2004"
lol, sorry for the sarcasm

I've seen that cross just recently. Not very cool. I think it was for sale somewhere. Looked like a really long Carpet Python.

Just another example of Americans "playing God" with cross-breeding reptiles to produce yet more mongrels. Another good example is of the cross between a Jungle carpet and a Chondro marketed as a "Carpondro". I'd personally buy a pedigree over a mongrel animal any day.
Apart from this, the snake does look nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back