Australian Snakes - Richard Shine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very scientific. It contains 63 papers on ecology, phylogeny, physiology etc. Of the 63 papers, only 4 are on husbandry - and one of those is concerned with an exotoc lizard.

Considering the cost, most amateur reptile keepers wouldn't bother with it.

:p

Hix

A book that everyone should have in the collection....had my hard cover copy since 1991....

afro...pages are worn....but the cover is still very hard.... :wink:

Fuscus said:
Speaking of books, I may have got hold of a new hard cover of "Pythons of the world, Vol 1" :)
Cost more than $12 though.

Thats a great buy...I have only a softy version......go on afrodude...I know ya want to..lol

serpenttongue said:
Dr Shine has also written a species management report for NSW NPWS entitled " The biology and management of the diamond python and carpet python in NSW". Once you've read this you'll know everything about diamonds and carpets, PROMISE!! Its 50 pages of jam-packed info. I got my copy several years ago from Mike Swan Herp Books.

This sounds great. I didn't know this one existed, does any one have publisher or seller contact details so I can track down a copy?

Nicole, this book was published by the NSW NPWS. They may be able to obtain a copy for you or you could contact Mike Swan at 15 George st, Lilydale 3140, VIC. (03) 97395690. Mike has his own website now and he can track down any herp book.

Fuscus said:
Afri : I've got a battered loan copy ATM.
Agmidae : it is costing a LOT more than $12

friend just got a hard copy for $75.00 from a second hand book shop, how does that compair with your price

AGAMIDAE said:
Fuscus said:
Speaking of books, I may have got hold of a new hard cover of "Pythons of the world, Vol 1" :)
Cost more than $12 though.

Thats a great buy...I have only a softy version......go on afrodude...I know ya want to..lol

What on earth could you mean?

Nice try

Nice try, serpenttongue! However, I've seen a more updated copy of your avatar photo, and just to teach you a lesson, I'm going to post it here :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back