Reptile Bust

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA...I just registered for the SMH online. Did anyone else find it strange when it says "You now have to register for SMH...blah blah blah....Contact us if you are blind or visually impaired".

HAHAHAHA...I'm sure all the people who are blind and can't read that will be doing exactly what it says :) :) :)

Simon Archibald

Simon_Archibald said:
HAHA...I just registered for the SMH online. Did anyone else find it strange when it says "You now have to register for SMH...blah blah blah....Contact us if you are blind or visually impaired".

HAHAHAHA...I'm sure all the people who are blind and can't read that will be doing exactly what it says :) :) :)

Simon Archibald

Simon, blind people have special software that reads text for them. It is important not to have text as a graphic image or animated gif etc because the software cant read it.

So they can actually read it so to speak :wink:

cheers

Jonny

I just read the article in the Sun Herald. I especially like the quote from 'Second cousin Emma':"Everyone has a passion and his just happens to be something that is pretty sick...he is a lot weird. He sleeps in the room with the snakes"

We should thank the Herald for printing such great propaganda. :D

Hands up all those sickos with snakes in their bedroom. :wink:

Actually,the article below is far more informative. Macaulay Culkin's been busted for marijuana possesion. Oooh! :lol:

my hands up ,but mine just have the run of the house so i must be even sicker than brad,brcause his are in enclosures

Hey Cheap Scotch! :)

...we must be even sicker 'cause we have 2 Macs in the bedroom that Mark's 6 yo sleeps in when she visits... wow I hope child welfare aren't reading this... (rolls eyes)!

Jonny,
Working with kids with disabilities, I know of the software...was more just a simple gag ;-)

Simon Archibald

wow i only just read this whole thread now and that really sux for the poor bloke :(

the media just love the shock factor that the general public will have at this "freak" with 350 reptiles :roll: . of course he must be sick to have so many. like all those "freaks" whose hobby happens to be books and have every room filled with them. what weirdos :roll:. what a joke lol :lol:

the worset part about it is most of the sick reps where dumped on him ,and out of his owne pocket was tring to bring them back to health,the media only has to ask the vet he goes too

Pretty sad situation, I find it rather incredible the support he's receiving on this forum and others simply because folk know him or of him. If it was an unknown herper, imo, everyone would be kicking hard indeed!!
It all makes me sick, I hope the animals which dont get destroyed for being exotic find good homes when the storm blows over! :( I dont know the bloke from a bar of soap, and I dont judge him either, my anger/sadness is for the animals, which manage to find themselves in/thru the hands of the RSPCA, simply because their fate is rarely happy !
Im sure theres more to than the media portrays, always is, still, you'd think the guy could have frozen or disposed of dead animals, before going away, if only to prevent disease. Where were the animals regular cages if the plastic things were temporary? how many dead animals were there really? [not in freezers] no herp will starve to death in a week, but did they have water?/heat? why did he not call on freinds to care for animals while he was away?
This post may not make me popular with the majority, but then i dont have to live with you :p

same here instar. though i don't wish to regester, just out of paranoia.

Thats John Morony Correctional Centre. Thats interesting. They have a wildlife rehab centre out there but I dont recall them having the facilities to look after any large number of reptiles. They could do a few but not a lot.

Instar, to answer some of your questions.

The regular cages were at another dwelling which had been robbed the previous week.
There were 2 dead animals in cages.
All animals had large filled water bowls in cages
All animals had heat
Brad doesn't have friends to look after his animals for him. As Peterrescue said. Brads a little weird.
The animals were safely held in plastic containers which are used by most private keepers, zoos and reptile parks around the world. Most reptile keepers know full well they can live in these plastic enclosures for years, so a few days is nothing at all .
It is obvious by the comments by the RSPCA officers that they have no knowledge whatsoever on how reptiles can be kept or even fed.

Stretchy Babe :) How ya doing, long time twixt posts hon :( Driving up to Sydney in a coupla weeks, so ya gonna be home when I call in?
Only joking stretchy, would never turn up uninvited :)

Hiya gorgeous. whaddya mean uninvited??!?!? You have an open invitation here. Let me know when and I'll see if I am going to be home!

Sue

though i don't wish to regester, just out of paranoia.
login = infowantstobefree
password = pass

They are quoting large numbers of dead :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back