Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
What is the largest clutch you know of for a species.

My mate's bredli had 42 eggs last season - i havent heard of bigger.

My spotted this season looks like she will have a bumper year - whats the record for spotteds? I have heard 18.

Cheers
Ad.

Mate of mine had 45 eggs from a large coastal,43 hatched and 2 appeared to be hypo but died..

Ad, my largest spotted clutch was 25, but this season so far only 21. Bredls is 33, but I have heard of 48 recorded by Graeme Gow.
Diamonds I have had 42. Olives 25. Coastal Taipans 25. Common Bluetongue 29. All my other species are just average size clutches.

Are you serious Bob, 29 bluetounges in one litter?? She must have been as round as a basket ball!

Splitmore, very serious. I actually showed her to Glen Shea at a AHS meeting. He reckoned he had never seen one as large. After giving birth she still weighed just over a kilo. All 29 young were average size as if they were from a smaller litter. Weights and measurements were taken of all the young and the data given to Glen for his research.

apparently someone in vic got 51 vics but 26 died and 25 are now almost yearlyings this is from a very respected breeder that breeds alot of different morelia's

What would be the average clutch size for the following snakes?
Bredli?
Murray Darling?
BHP's?
Diamonds?
Thx

Stiffler, the average clutch sizes would be something like these

Bredls 20
Murray Darlings 20
BHP's 8-10
Diamonds 20

i was told by a guy i know that he used to get 54 eggs out of a female diamond python each year. Mind you this was a 10ft diamond python wild caught.

So how would people rate the following pythons for easiest to breed. Give each snake a score from 1-5. 1 being worst and 5 being easiest.
Murray Darlings
Bredli
Diamond
BHP
Coastals
Thx

Our pogona females have given 32 in each clutch except for the 1 time one female had another clutch of 18 2 weeks later. That's 50 all up. Is that a record?

The have the ability to rtain sperm and have more than one clutch going at a time.
The biggest clutch of wild Blue Tongues is 15, they were a few weeks old and I always take into account that they get taken by Kookaburras, domestic pets and cars. So they could be having 20.
BTW they are out in force now. We'll see some clutches this year.
Em

yeah i saw 3 hatchy jacky dragons on my walk the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back