Python skin coat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Eva Braun had the right idea, no shortage of skin !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
For those wonder who she was, she was Hitlers mistress, renown for making articles such as lampshades from human skin!

Wow, people think of everything these days. not all good mind u.

Snake skin clothes are nothing new. Cowboys have been wearing rattlesnake boots for over 200 years. It is disturbing to snake lovers like ourselves, but not much different than leather or any other hide I guess. :?

the shocking thing is that they are illegally taking an endangered species

leather is taken from cows (not endangered)

Yes that may be tru with regard the rattle snakes, though the new clothing are made out of "pest" snakes. like the burmese python. which we all have red many posts about them being an issue in america.

The skins aren't taken from ex-pets that are now too large to house. They are A/ legally farmed in asian countries or B/ Illegally taken from the wild.

Well sure that ain't cool if they are wild caught endangered species, but it seemed to me to just be speculation in that article. Doesn't seem like it would be hard to determine what species a skin is from, and if someone is producing them, they would have records of where they bought them from.

On the topic, my wife one time said she thought that a gaboon viper would make a cool looking purse. :roll:

i'm dead against this like everyone else, but would it be ok to make an article of clothing out of a snake that had died naturally?

And the point in that question is? Sounds stupid to me soul.

hmm snake skin heh, nothing new.. people have been harvesting it for varying reasons for centuries. I cant say I agree with it, unless it is proven that the skin came from a snake farm or something like that

The point of the article is that they are not paying some farmers enough to rear the the python, therefore the python is almost certainly wild caught. I'ld like to see some photos of a python farm. But if you can rear crocs economically then you should be able yo do that with rectics

instar said:
Maybe Eva Braun had the right idea, no shortage of skin !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
For those wonder who she was, she was Hitlers mistress, renown for making articles such as lampshades from human skin!

Actually it was Ilse Koch. She was the wife of the commandant of Buchenwald.

Greg.

Acanthophis said:
And the point in that question is? Sounds stupid to me soul.

Don't see how it is a stupid question. Everyone is dead agaisnt the killing of animals to make clothing or what ever from it. Its got to the point where some animals are even on the verge of extinction, but if the animals is already dead is there any reason why we couldn't use its skin or tusks for clothing etc??

And you are going to walk around the bush looking for freshly dead snakes are you? ( personal abuse - removed )

and oh, and and how are your elapids that had their venom glands removed that produced non-venomous offspring?? pssshhh

Acanthophis said:
And you are going to walk around the bush looking for freshly dead snakes are you? ( personal abused - removed )

and oh, and and how are your elapids that had their venom glands removed that produced non-venomous offspring?? pssshhh

there's no need to be rude now... :shock:

Acanthophis said:
And you are going to walk around the bush looking for freshly dead snakes are you? ( personal abuse - removed )

Is it Mango season up there already bud?

Acanthophis said:

yeah i figured i would whilst i am releasing my non-venomous offspring into the world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back