Dangerous Australians

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else just watch "Dangerous Australians" on Animal Planet , Sunday night 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM. It highlighted a variety of dangerous and venomous things in Australia - GOD you gotta love this country

its been on before on channel 7 i think

"Dangerous Australians", huh? I wonder how many docos have been given that name over the years?

:p

Hix

They have just finished filming more for the program in Broome today I believe. Should be interesting...

hehe, they just filmed one on me called 'dangerous australians' as well hehehehehehe.

Hey Derek, I caught it and thought it great. At first I thought it was a repeat of an attrocious doco of the same or similar name that appeared on one of the commercial chanels a couple of months back.

The presentation was informed and primarily just the facts. This is where they are, this is why they are dangerous, this is what they eat and this is how humans tend to encounter them.

Their conclusion that the humble red back spider was probably the most dangerous I found interesting. It was obviously based on the number of hospitaliasations which is a realistic way of answering such a question.

I was surprised at Weigle's assertion that the only people ever killed by the Central Taipan (Fierce Snake) were snake handlers... because of course is a relatively calm species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back