Housing Snakes Together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeWrangler

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there are many opinions on this subject by I am really only after real life stats, I want to know a couple of things.

1) Do you keep any snakes together permanently even when too young to breed or not breeding season?
2) If so have you ever had any trouble doing it?
3) If so are there any benefits in doing it?
4) If so are there any special precautions that should be taken?

Cheers.

well ive kept my m/f diamonds together since i got them and never had a problem as yet

1) Do you keep any snakes together permanently even when too young to breed or not breeding season?
2) If so have you ever had any trouble doing it?
3) If so are there any benefits in doing it?
4) If so are there any special precautions that should be taken?

1/. No
2/. See 1/.
3/. See 2/.
4/. See 3/.

1/ Yep - Sub adult WP plus yearling carpets
2/ 2 coastals act if they don't like each other and carefully avoid each other.
3/ Some of the animals seem to like each others company and share hidy holes
4/ With bredlis make sure that they are properly fed up else they will carefully smell each other and may try the old taste test.

I have always kept mine together and up until just recently have never had any problems other then the rare "get your **** out of my face" sort of nip. As some know the problem I had recently was with my Scrubbies which is now my ONE Scrubbie as the girl knocked off my male. I don't know if it was just that one or not but I still have three coastals together in one cage and two together in another. I do also have some seperate but for no particulr reason then "just because"

I keep adult diamonds together and juvenile diamonds together. I do not keep juveniles with adults. Generally I would not keep snakes of different size together. I also do the same with my Maculosa. Generally I always seperate them to feed. Sometimes if I can get them up oposite ends of the cage, I will feed them without removing 1 of them. However, if I do do this, I continually watch them until both have finished eating. The main reason I don't have them in seperate cages is because I do not have the room for more cages and I do not have enough cages for them to have their own individual cage.

i dont seem to have a problem with my diamondswhen i let them out in the house they always go straight over too my carpet who just lets them slide over him ,and he is 5 times as big ,but i do keep a close eye on them and never leave the 3 alone.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I guess more people house them together than not.

Here is another question for you guys that do it, how many snakes would you put in an enclosure 2200mmL x 1000mmH x 900mmD?

I am try to figure out which would be the best way to house them, all in one big enclosure or in smaller enclosures.

i wouldnt keep many animals together at the most 2

I have 2 juvie Jungles together with probs at all, feed seperately.

Tommo said:
i wouldnt keep many animals together at the most 2

Is there any particular reason for that or would you just not risk any more?

I was thinking if I did decided to house them together that I would house a trio, two females and one male. Do females usually fight around breeding time or ever?

i think a trio is good, i m after a female mac for the others to make a trio. there shouldn't be any probs with that. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back