Tourist lost in snake, croc area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
expert reporting there! Cardwell is long way away from Mt Bartle Frere
As for crocs - there is a fantastic swimming hole at the base of Mt Bartle Frere,
The guy is in more danger from 'wait-a-while' than he is from crocs!!

Police said the crack search team would be flown to the top of the mountain at first light

Here's hoping his had the sense to expose his crack. :D

A saner continuation of the story - no crocs or snakes this time
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 02,00.html
But how do you search for someone lost in an inaccessible mountain area?

The question is not how but why, he was warned twice not to go, it is windy and the weather looks like it could be closing in. A bit of commonsense goes a long way. He was totally unprepared and he and his mate allowed themselves to get seperated. What more can you say.

Lamington NP, there are some of my greatest childhood memories,

I had walked over 500km (documented) in that park before i was a teenager. One weekend Dad drove he, my sister and I up on the Friday and back to Sydney on the Sunday so we could abseil into Comera Crevice and walk out. Dont know if they still do this, it use to be a once a year event.

I'll never forget this big American tourist showing off and trying to pick up a very large python by the tail and betting urinated on for his troubles.

Gods own country I reckon.

michaelh said:
I had walked over 500km (documented)..
I'd say I've done about 300. Definatly an amazing part of Australia, should be on every herpers must visit list. Huge coastals, Huge land mullets, RBBS, GTS leaf tailed geckos and Jungle dragons.

Also a good place to show the difference between being prepared and unprepared. One mob wandered in and was lost for four days (and eventually wandered out blaming everything except thier own lack of brain cells) while another mod a couple of weeks later had an accident, used their epirb and had help within half an hour.

Clowns that get themselves into situations like this need to pay for their own search and rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back