Wild caught Sagem??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamus

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this is about as off topic as you get but I just purchased a Sagem MC 939 mobile phone from the auctions for $5. It powered up when tested but without a sim card I could not do any further testing. So when I finally placed in my sim I get a 'sim locked' on the screen. Anyone got any ideas on how to unlock? The following info is all I have and may not be relevant but here it is anyhow. G412GP/238170414.

Thanks in advance......I know we have some propellor heads out there who may have some ideas.

Only 5 bucks so no great loss if I have hit the wall.

P.S. How many of youse thought there was a new breed of snake out there? :wink:

Its possible that the phone has a service provider block on. Some service providers disable their phones from being used by other service providers

sim locked will prob mean the phone is locked to a particular network e.g only accepts an optus or telstra etc simcard.Might find sagem is vodafone only so might have 2 call Vodafone bout it. other alternative is coz sagem only made pre paid phones it may have expired in which agian u'd have 2 call the carrier again but phone may b unusable.

do a search with google, the instruction manuals are found on line for most phones, this is what i would do.

Or, the phone is a stolen one and the person it was stolen off had it locked by the service provider, therefore making the phone un-usable ever again. Ring vodafone and give them the serial number, they should be able to give you the details of the phone.

Make sure you have a reciept, cause if it turns out to be stolen, you can get a refund from the auction place.

$5 sounds like not much, but if it is a stolen phone, the auction place should be informed about selling stolen good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back