Time Between Shedding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shacks

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was woundering how long a Carpet Python should have between shed's. Our little fella has shed twice in 3 weeks and I was woundering if this is normal for a 7mth old. He did realy well, he got it all off in 1 go.It took him about 15 minutes and in 1 piece.

Just means he is growing quickly, dont be worried, its natural for them to shed quite frequently in their younger days.

Cheers, Alan.

yeah seems alot to me as well.

He is having a weener mouse about every 10 days. He has grown about 10cm in the 6 Weeks we have had him. We have been feeding him as often as he wants.

nah, he should be fine, he's growing

my childrens was shedding consistently every 4 weeks.

Also its coming up to sping so the growth rate will increase as the weather warms

It has been more humid here in Darwin over the last week, we dont have spring, we have wet season and dry season. We are in the start of the build up for the wet. This could be helping.

Just looking over records of one of my bredli, shed every 30 days for the first few sheds, or after 4 feeds. FYI :)

sorry, u know what i mean tho
the season where everything starts growing, birds are singing etc etc :wink:

Twice in three weeks does seem a lot. This could mean two things: it has a mite infestation and is constantly trying to get the mites off ( i doubt this though) or it is in a growth spurt. A weener every 10 tens would definately speed its growth up. Try not to overfeed, but otherwise theres no better time for your Carpet to grow. Dont spoil it rotten, but dont deprive it either.

I had two snakes shed really quickly and they both had some unknown problem (fully recovered on their own), however both of them went off food so if he is still keen to eat then I wouldn't worry.

Cheers.

He is very keen to eat, we had him out last night and he was looking everywhere for food. We held off till today so a friend could see him eat. He had a small adult mouse and got it all in with no trouble in about 15 minutes. Thanks too all for the advice.

It's not unusual. I've had a juvenile shed again 2 weeks later simply from a growth spurt. As other people have suggested, keeping a record of when your snake sheds is a good idea.

feeding

serpenttongue said:
Try not to overfeed,
Didn't think u could rreally overfeed when they are growing. just the more u feed the faster they grow. thought that was the rule.
cheers
pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back