Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys, whos going to be first to let us know what the day was like, or are you's all off drinking somewhere with Sherm and Bryony

Fantastic day, Great to meet new folk, catchup with others, BTS was pretty good, very intresting stuff. Pics to go in gallery soon.
Em lovely meeting you and family! :D

I went to the Zoo. It was awful. Sherm tried to kill my son. They said he tripped but I know the awful truth and so do all the witnesses. Once a killing machine.
Nice to put faces as the usual goes and very nice to talk to people.
Weird thing though, they all seemed to be interested in reptiles.
The rain stopped, the sun came out. Its a funny collection they have on show in the reptile house there.

Pete, I was just looking at you avatar. I might be showing my age here but is that Space Ghost????

Apart from the attempted murder it was a good day :) The only bad thing about it was that I didn't get my plastic poncho and Bryony drank all the firewater :(

Big Sherm is at home recovering from friday night and the big day at the zoo.
As Inny said, the behind the scenes was great, got to hold a baby boa, marta marta turtle, BHP, and a giant gecko.
We were shown the food breeding house, but due to my delicate stomach from the night before i decided to stay outside in the fresh air cause the smell was really bad!!!
Was great to finally put faces and live personalities to alot of the people that were there that i hadnt met before....(recovering brain is having trouble remembering all the new faces i met cause there were so many).
Seeing the komodo dragon eat huge rats without them even touching the sides was very cool!!!
Mark the behind the scenes tour guide was really knowledgable and answered alot of questions, and explained the procedures of the running of the place very well.

Overall, a great day at the zoo with great company and look forward to doing it again.

Cheers, Alan.

peterescue said:
I went to the Zoo. It was awful. Sherm tried to kill my son. They said he tripped but I know the awful truth and so do all the witnesses. Once a killing machine.

He started it!!!!! LOL

I was sitting comfortably, enjoying a Woodstock pre-mixed bourbon and coke can when i feel a sudden thud on the bench i was sitting on, i look around, and there on the ground is a poor little guy that had just head butted the bench!
And now im stuck in this false story of assualt and harm....The APS papparazi dont waste anytime slandering the good name of a model young citizen do they????

I'll beat this, the truth will come out and my name will be clear as Evian once again.

I think the key witness to the case is Alexahnder, if he could kindly step forward and reveal the truth we can all just get on with our lives.

Cheers, and may the good truth come out.
Alan.

:lol: :D :D :D :lol:

It wasnt Al's fault really, somebody said "soccer" and he threw his full can on instinctive riot mode, unfortunatly, Petes lil fella got it in the back of the head! :lol:

........Nah I heard the little fella cry and looked around and saw sherm lookin guilty as sin............

..........nah, i saw what looked like an army taught kung-fu move goin on and next thing ya know.....

.........or did the lil fella drink some firewater and fall over??........hmmmm

........ :lol:

Mark the behind the scenes tour guide was really knowledgable and answered alot of questions

yeh he is a champ. I remember him from when i did my work experience. Oh yeh and i got to feed all the animals you got to hold.

SO bry!????

Where are the pics your promised me of your pink bits??

;)

Oh just found them!

You have VERY attractive pink bits Bry... I cant wait to see more

:D

I think the key witness to the case is Alexahnder, if he could kindly step forward and reveal the truth we can all just get on with our lives.

hmmmmmmmmmm...........

It wasnt Al's fault really, somebody said "soccer" and he threw his full can on instinctive riot mode, unfortunatly.

hmmmmmmmmmm............

All i've decided is that i'm open to bribes

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Darren (Hugsta) for organising the behind the scenes tour. Those who went had to pay extra for it (except for 2 unscrupulous hangers on) but it was well worth the extra cost as part of it was a donation to the zoo for the Iguana research.

bigguy said:
Pete, I was just looking at you avatar. I might be showing my age here but is that Space Ghost????
Oh!, Ive been tumbled. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace Ghooooooooooooooost. :lol:

Thank you Greg
As you know this 2 persons was My wife and my friend. They had no Idea what is going on and just hang with group as I was busy to organzed few things with other people. Mind you that my wife is not interested about reptiles and animals at all and was confused where I am and ring me what is going on, why I am not there. She had not Idea that group is going on paid behind the sceen tour and in the midle of tour startet to chase me by the phone. Hix was with me at that moment and know what happened. So please do not call her unscrupulous hanger as she was there by accident and not interested about all this at all.
I understand that you could not resist to comment, I would not expect any less from you.

Thank you Hugsta for organnising the tour for all people interested
Thank you Hix for Takinjg care of things, grouping people together, and feeding the giraffe extra we received.
Thank you Sheralyn for making all the nametags. We will keep them for next meeting. They was great for people who have hard time to remember names.

Hey Alex. Aren't you getting near the top of the unreleaable turtle list again.

Regarding the Togethering
I was so pleased to meet so many nice people and have chat with them. I think that most of APS members are great bunch of people . Friendly generous and good to mingle with.
I was so happy about David getting his Hypo Bredli. He truly deserve this from all of us for his commitment to help all year around.
My extreme plesure was to met Africafisheadcreature in person yesterday. He looks like crockodile dundee to me and he is so much fun to be with.
I met Earthmother first time and she is darling. Shame that Astrogirl and Steve could not come to see us. I would love to see Steve The Pom again.
Over all, I was so proud to be member of our APS group yesterday. It was great day for me definatelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back