Life decisions and changes.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gday all,
Today i made one of my biggest life decisions i have ever made. I have put in my paperwork for discharge out of the Army.

It has been a good time spent with many ups and many downs too. I have served my time and now its time i took flight down a new path. Im unsure as yet what path to take but i have always been able to find the right one so i shouldnt have any dramas there.
And for those who dont know i have been in the army for close to 8 years.

Im happy with my decision although there are a few mixed emotions i just cant figure out yet, but im positive it is the right decision i have made.

Anyways, just thought i would share this HUGE stepping stone in my life with you guys just so i know im not going to be alone on the other side of the stream.

Cheers, Alan. :D

Hey Al,
Good on you for such a big step. I'm hoping to change my career within the next year or 2, mainly because of the emotional investment my job requires.

To have spent so much of your time with the Army, it is obviously a huge thing for you to do and congrats on taking the plunge :)

Simon Archibald

changing careers and jobs is a good way to keep your life fresh so good luck with it mate

Alan,

Congratulations, I admire your courage to end one era without certainty as to what the next one will be.

Go for it, it's all good.

Best wishes
Michael

Hope all goes well alan, although u have no idea what would u like to do?

I know what it is like for a life/career change. Moved my family across the world (Canada to Australia) and it has worked out great. Hope you have something to move on to after.

thanks for the kind words guys and doll,
Im looking at going to university as one decision and working for the government (in a non-military environment) as my back up choice.

Re: RE: Life decisions and changes.

dhanson said:
I know what it is like for a life/career change. Moved my family across the world (Canada to Australia) and it has worked out great. Hope you have something to move on to after.

I know what you mean, my family and I done the same thing moving from the UK.

Good luck Alan.

Cheers Neil

life changes

i left my family behind me in ireland and moved here to start another one! all good so far.

good on ya alan,
if you don't take these opportunities put in front of you, you will regret the what-if's later down the track!
best of luck.

RE: life changes

Cool man, that must have been hard. Good luck with whatever you do!

RE: Re: RE: life changes

Well Alan, I am wishing you all the best. It is not easy to leave security employment you had for so many years. You mabe lose few good friends. But you are young and full of energy. Good luck

Leaving the services is a big step, especially from army to civy life. You will learn all about showers, and how to use them. On a serious note Al, I left the services 4 years ago and havn't looked back. The resettlement training is good, take all the courses offered etc. You will find that ex-servicemen are an employable bunch, even in fields you have no experience in, and ex-servicemen like to employ ex-servicemen. And overall, if you find that it isn't working out and your in dire straits, they will always take you back. How big an RDP do you plan to take?

Congrats Alan..... All the best.....

Makes that flatmate hunting pretty fast now.... need to pay the rent somehow ;)

It sounds like an excellent idea. 8 years is a long time in the service. I know a few blokes that did considerably longer stints in the service and lets just say they have a few issues.

yeah alan all the best mate pitty ur leaving im enrolling in a few months im sure u made the right desicion 8 years is a long time to be in the army leaving must be hard good luck and hope it all goes well

Onya Shermy - good luck. Think of this as giving you a big empty canvas to paint your future on....Make art!!
Sheri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back