Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLizzards

Not so new Member
Reaction score
albino_boa.jpg

Personally, a bit too freaky for my taste! :-(

I wouldnt keep that snake if you paid me too.

Dam those idiots and their designer snakes!

Im with the last 2 comments, that thing is yuck. Totally un-natural and completely man made. why do these things to animals, love them as they are or dont love them at all.

I too dislike most Boa morphs, but to call them man made is just silly. Most colour morphs originate from wild caught specimens. It's not man made, just selectively bred for it's pattern. It's no different than selecting a pair of the nicest normal BCIs you can find to produce nice offspring. They're not man made. Man dosen't create genetics, not yet anyway.

It is man made. I disagree with all that crap.

You would NEVER find that snake in the wild.

selectively breeding for certain colour traits is wrong, if australia ever becomes like the US and Canada, I will stop keeping reptiles

I hate to tell you but that is where most colour morphs come from is wild caught specimens. They are mostly spotted by skin traders. True the chance of finding one in the wild is very slim, but it happens. It happend in California recently when a hiker stumbled upon an albino Rosy Boa. He collected the animal and there are now a captive population of albino Rosy Boas. I could go on and on about all the wild caught colour morphs. Just visit Bob Clarks site. I believe all of what he has produced is from wild caught specimens. You really should check facts before insulting someones country.

Exactly my point. Men cannot create snakes. These are not cloned or come from anyother peice of science fiction. The genetics are already there. In the wild most of these colour traits don't survive, but in captivity they can be preserved.

This is a designer python, it is bloody ugly and people who keep and breed such animals should be shot.

You may find an animal with a colour trait, but you would NEVER find a a snake that looked like that in the wild. It would simply not survive

Okay this is rediculus. So you're saying I should be shot, because I keep and breed albinos? BTW, that's a Boa. These snakes would not survive in the wild, but they do in captivity, so what? I fail to see any logic in your position. It's one this to not like the snake, fair enough. Like I said I don't like it either. But to beak off about stuff you really have not idea about and to say that we who keep and breed colour morphs should all be shot, is just plain insulting and ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back