couple of new snake questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_kid

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey peoples i got my new snake and ill put pis up soon but just had a fewe questions i wanted to ask first. Do i need to and if so how long should i quarentine. And with both of the pythons beeing roughly the same size around 5 cm difference would they be alright in the same enclosure. thanx in advanced
regards Jimmy

Quarantine for 3months is usually the answer you will get.

I like to do it for about 2 weeks, and then just make sure they have no mites. Or you can treat them with TOD anyway, then repeat a week later and stick em with the others. Thats what i did when i got all my new herps.

Cheers, Alan.

And i dont see any problem with them living together, just keep an eye on them to make sure they dont fight.

quarantine for at least two weeks in a separate room and schedule your handling to minimize the possibility of pathogen transmission, that is , don't pick up your new animal then go and play with your old snake without cleaning yourself inbetween.

Re: RE: couple of new snake questions

jimmy_the_kid said:
ok thanx for the advice boys

Would have prefered "Gentlemen" but i dont think the shoe fits too well for one of us.......... LOL

Hi Jimmy,

I keep two Jungles together that are the same age and size and I have no problems and I swear they like the company. Last night I watched one of them shed and several times she intertwined with her brother and sort of pulled against his coils. Other times you find them coiled up together and they look great.

I would NEVER feed them together but everything else seems fine.

Cheers
Michael

Re: RE: Re: RE: couple of new snake questions

jimmy_the_kid said:
lol yeah i dont think gentlemen ride seatless trail bikes

TRIAL bikes Jimmy, TRIAL bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back