Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I'm pretty sure the export permit is $180 for up to 5 animals and $10 for each aditonal animal.

ok so say you went to aholiday in WA and came across some eggs.. in WA you can keep wild stuff I think that is right... but can we send them to QLD.. is it legal a grey area?
thanks

ok so say you went to aholiday in WA and came across some eggs.. in WA you can keep wild stuff I think that is right... but can we send them to QLD.. is it legal a grey area?
thanks

I'm pretty sure you need permits to collect stuff, you can't just go around collecting whatever you find.

..... in WA you can keep wild stuff I think that is right .

Where did you get that idea ?? - As far as reptiles, this is the most policed state in Australia.

It is relatively easy to export from WA to anywhere in australia. Just very hexy. I am sure CALM are breaching fair trading rules with their taxing of everything. Each animal i take from the wild i have to pay CALM a royalty. The royalty gets bigger the higher the category of animal. eg stimsons i have to give CALM $50 for each one, bhp $100, elapids are $200. It is not hard to see why elapids from here are highly priced. If i import an animal i still have to pay CALM a royalty, this payment is half the royalty fee eg accy import costs $50 to calm for each one. It is a bloody disgraceful grab for cash from a government department. Also anyone CANNOT just pick up anything. You must be licensed costing $1000. CALM's coffers must be overflowing as i alone paid around $7500 in royalties last year.

Womas...when you obtain your colectors license from calm ..do they dictate from where you can collect..??? like do they give each of you a certain area where you collect from...or is it just about anywhere in the state..???

cheers

I wish i could have areas to myself. No it is a requirement to have written permission from the controlling body of that land ie for a station the station manager, and then CALM must get a copy, then they write this letter approving you to collect there, then they post it to you, then you must have the original written permission and CALM's letter and your license on you when you go out. Also at least 48 hrs prior to going out you have to give the regions CALM officer written notice of where your going ie email, on what dates and your vehicle's rego. Basically access is negotiated with whoever controls the land. Beer works well at this point.

Womas...beer works well in most places..lol it is a good alternate currency.. thanks for that, i gathered you would need permission to go onto someones property etc.... but at least you are not restricted to just one area.. which would have some positives and some not so...

thanks/cheers

My licence's cod of practice says I can collect reptiles from the wild for free.

really??

bredli said:
My licence's cod of practice says I can collect reptiles from the wild for free.

What license and is that QLD? How much is that license?

thanks Bredli

RE: really??

Nah, it's his pet fish tells him that's it's ok to do so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back