Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womas4me

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this little fella tonight. Seems to be regrowing his tail. I love the N.wheeleri. All those rosettes look so cool.

Looks horrible, probably better suited to my modest collection. Post it over ASAP! :D :D :D

Seriously though, are you looking at selling any wheeleri in the near future? When ou can find them, they are prohibitively priced on the east coast.
-H

Nephurus, i would love to be able to sell them but alas, CALM strikes again. Not on the list mate so cant help you. I see heaps of these guys. CALM, bloody CALM. Spoke to them today about opening the list up and was told that only 4 species are being kept by 60% of WA keepers, no wonder when they have stupid categorization. You have to keep a cat 3 animal here for 1 year before you can keep a bhp ( cat 4 ). Frustrates the crap out of me as there is little to no market here for cat 4 animals cause the license is so hard to get. Not to mention the rip off prices being charged eg $450 stimis, $700 accys. Why would you bother?

wow, beautiful gecko .... Womas, do you know how much wheeleri are selling for in other states of the country ???

Last time i asked someone about the extortionate prices for wheeleri, i was told that the price for a pair started at $2000 (off license) raising to about $4000 (on license). Too rich for my blood.

If they become legal we would sell them a hell of alot cheaper than that. No use working out prices until then. I cant believe those prices, they are still just a knobby. Cheers.

Just a knobby? Just a knobby?
I suppose so, but i really love my knobbys and would love to someday get my paws on a pair of wheeleri. They look fantastic. I'm wrapped in my amyae, they are so active!
-H

I'm wrapped in my amyae, they are so active!

You have amyae??? I hate you! ;)

I love them so much! It's so nasty having to wait until we're allowed to keep them down here!

MWAHAHAHAHA! (my best evil laugh) I bought 2 females from a friend of mine a few months after i got my gilleni. I'll be getting a male soon as well.

Anyway, you have adders! I hate you! :D
I dont have the licensing or the experience to keep adders :cry:

-H

MWAHAHAHAHA! (my best evil laugh) I bought 2 females from a friend of mine a few months after i got my gilleni. I'll be getting a male soon as well.

Grr!!! :evil:
;)

Anyway, you have adders! I hate you!

*giggle*

I dont have the licensing or the experience to keep adders

In my opinion, your department is too strict when it comes to venomous snakes. Adders are really easy to keep without getting bitten, unless you're a complete moron or can't keep yourself disciplined enough to avoid taking risks. One day I'll get amyae and you'll get adders, and at long last this bitter hatred between us will be over.

;) :lol:

Eventually this animosity will end, but until then......... *grrrrrr* :) :lol:

BTW. Your adders are lovely animals. Are they Barkley? I, myself am quite keen on the A. wellsii from the pilbara.

Hey Womas, what is the asking price for a couple of A. wellsii, should they become available?

by the way. Your adders are lovely animals. Are they Barkley?

Why should I tell you, my worst enemy? ;)

Yes, they're Barkly adders, the best adder to keep in my opinion. Large size and tough as nails. Arguably not the prettiest, but still very nice looking and overall the best. I'm hoping to expand my adder collection before too long. I'd almost written off this season's attempt at breeding my Barklies, but about 5 minutes ago I went to feed them, the girl went nuts as usual, tail flying all over the place, but the male refused, he sloughed about 10 days ago and hasn't fed for a month or so, his tail has also thickened over the last week or so! I might try sticking them together tonight and see what happens.

Best of luck with the breeding! Hope it all goes well. You say barkleys are tough eh?...... Might have to look into them. Either that or some pretty little pale headed snakes a friend of mine has. I'll see if i can convince him to part with them!
The only major hurdle in my plans for venomous ownership is getting a class 2 license. I've had two years experience (plus many more), so i guess i just have to harass national parks. I do believe they also want more money from me as well.
-H

Best of luck with the breeding! Hope it all goes well. You say barkleys are tough eh?......

Thanks! :) Err... I mean "I hate you, die!" ;)

Yes, they're tough, although some may be interested to hear that Dr Venumliss got some from the same litter as mine and couldn't keep even one alive for more than a week :)

Nephrurus, there arn't too many guys selling wellsi at present. Most of them take orders first and then try to fill them. The price is high, $700 plus i believe including export fee of $180. If anyone tells you the export fee is higher than this it is wrong. You would have to speak to others to confirm a price though as we don't do cat 5 animals. Also keep in mind that the venomous snakes here have a $200 royalty which has to be paid to CALM by the taker so you can see the reason for high prices. Best of luck if you wish to obtain them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back