New Car ~ WOOO HOOO

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_Mark

Reaction score
Well I finally did it, went out today to buy a Ford XR6 Ute. I have been tossing up getting another Ute or a small station wagon, such as the subaru Outlander. Well after I had got the best price possible (having been to several dealers) on the Ute, I started looking at the Ford Territory, and yep that?s what I brought (subject to finance approval)

Delivery will be some thime this week once the finance goes through and its all set up hw I ordered it, its on the grounds over at Peter Warren Ford in Liverpool, so I dont have to wait for delivery.

Here is a picture of a similar one (same colour)

Wooo Hooooo

Mark

nice 8)
nothing like a new car (well next after a new snake :wink: )

cheers

Jonny

A part from 1 Laser for 9 months, all my vehicles in the last 25 years have been Utes, but I don't use the Ute part very much, as in moving things in it. However I like the 2 seats in utes because I don?t like is back seats of cars (places to junk up and get messy). Also with a Ute I can say, "sorry no seats" and go on my own. Lately I have been wanting a more "deluxe" mode of transport and the new Utes are fantastic, but when I looked at the Subaru?s I though compared to the Ute they were tiny and fragile. When I looked at the Territory it has a big 4L 6 cylinder in it, same motor as the XR6 so I like it, drove it and was hooked. Now all I have to do when I am at work is convince the kids I work with there are no back seats (they fold down to a flat bed). This way they will keep out of it LOL.

Mark

Can you give us a road report once you have it for a while?

Ilike them for the price just havent heard anything about them yet .

They have not been out long, they are all Australian design and production. They are loaded with all sorts of features like adjustable height of the pedals, side wall airbags and heaps of other features. Have a look at the Ford site for all the details. I did not by the all wheel drive model, I got the TS rear wheel drive model, as I dont have a need for 4wd (or all wheel drive as this range has. All wheel drives cost about $5K for each model.

The history of this vehicle from Ford:

1998: Ford recognises that Australian motorists need a vehicle offering car-like styling and vehicle dynamics, with the versatility of four wheel drives and people movers. Customers told us that current vehicles did not meet their needs and wants adequately. They wanted a stylish and sporty car with all road capability, and the ability to carry enough people and gear to their day-to-day needs.

1999: Ford develops and refines the concept using feedback from hours of in-depth research with Australian people collected over 3 years. The research shows that customers want the driving ease and safety of a large sedan. And they want the flexibility, versatility and command driving position of a 4WD.

2000-01: The new Ford Territory was designed in the Broadmeadows Design Studio from scratch. Ford designers kept in mind the need to accommodate what the customer wanted. Its stylish and progressive exterior design visually portrays the vehicles dynamic capabilities. Standard roof rails enhance its active appearance. It has a surface language that is sophisticated and contemporary, with simplicity of form - an uncluttered design.

2002: The project was announced to the public in Novermber 2001, with $500 million of investment for the local production of the vehicle. R7 was unveiled to rave reviews at the Melbourne Motor Show in March 2002. Only the vehicle exterior design was shown at the time. The athletic and sporting styling gave the best indication of what Ford was hoping to present to the Australian public in the future.

2003: The new Ford Territory production prototype is built, and was displayed for the first time at the Melbourne Motor Show in February 2003. The styling shows a strong link to the R7, but with a less aggressive stance. The vehicle was one of the most significant new models on display at the 2003 Melbourne Motor Show, with a confirmed launch date of Quarter 2 2004. The new Ford Territory is so innovative that it will rightfully be compared to the original coupe utility from 1934, as a vehicle that will create its own market segment for Cross Trainer Vehicles (CTV).

2004: The new Ford Territory is on sale now! A new era in the Australian vehicle industry has begun.

So hopefully happy ongoing reports and feed back can be provided.

Very cool! :D
That one in the pic looks rather majestic atop that mountain...I feel like it should have a mane that's billowing softly in the wind.

Mark.. perhaps you should have hung on and got this ute when it comes out..i wanted to post it here a few days back but i lost it's whereabouts.. :lol:

Here are some details on it.... Just think of doing this up as a B & S ute with all the extra's they put on...... :lol:

The world's largest ute may be thundering Down Under.

The ultimate big boys' toy, weighing 14.7 tonnes, standing 2.7m high and stretching to a length of 6.5m.
Stanard model costs $123,000 and goes up to $156,000. This baby guzzles 40 litres of diesel per 100km.A round trip from Penrith to Sydney costs $56 in fuel.

The all-wheel-drive vehicle uses air brakes and offers towing, dumping and tilt-bed capability. The cabin features a roomy interior with a crew cab design that seats five.

It can be customised to include a variety of colours, air seats and can also be fitted with flat-screen TVs.

It can have a leather interior with woodgrain trim, reclining captain chairs, a fold-down bench that can be used as a bed and an overhead compartment with drop-down DVD. Another option is a satellite radio system and rear-mounted camera for better visibility behind.

The CXT features the International DT 466 diesel engine with 220hp and 732Nm of torque. It has an electronically-controlled turbocharger and four valves per cylinder.

cheers

Razza I think I will leave that one for you and your growing family. I am sure thats the size ute you will need, not one for me. I did think of waiting till Ford release the The F6 Tornado next year, one of their upcoming Performance Vehicles. Has a price from $55K upwards when its released. Looks nice though. There is also the Persuit, but I am not going to spend up big on a ute like that.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back