Lucky 13 !!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well all I'm one very happy camper...my Varanus tristis girl has just laid 13 beautiful white eggs !!! :)

While I miscalculated on when they were due, I was quite happy anyhow. Luckily also I'd just built the incubator today :)

Thought I'd share...

Simon Archibald

That's great Simon, a couple of weeks early :wink: It's great you were well prepared and ready. Congratulations!

Good stuff mate, how big do they get as adults?

Just so i know in case i want to buy some! :wink:

Congratulations Simon!
Are these the first monitors you have bred?

Look forward to seeing the hatchies.

Neil

Al,
They get to approx 70cm or so total length, SVL 20-30cm.

Neil,
Yes these are the first montiors I've bred...I was lucky enough to see the mating a few weeks back, unfortunately I missed the egg-laying last night. I look forward to seeing the hatchies too :)

Simon Archibald

Nice one! 13 eggs! That's awesome! More than twice the size of my biggest gilleni clutch!
*jealously*
;)

Haha Sdaji...I was stoked at the clutch size. I thought I'd be lucky to get 8-10 but what a ripper!!!!

Simon Archibald

Thanks for the reply Simon.

A bit large for my flat at the moment i think!!! Unless i convert the balcony to a cool pit!! (not likely, seeing as i rent)

Oh well, one day maybe.

Haha Al...not too big...I keep my pair comfortably in a 6x2x2 enclosure, but haven't seen the size of your place to comment.

Unfortunately they're an inland species mostly so can't be kept outdoors here...otherwise would make an awesome display animal for a pit...trouble is you'd never catch em :)

Simon Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back