stupid god damn crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: RE: stupid god damn crickets

jimmy_the_kid said:
lol ok should i just look between there legs lol how do u tell a crickets sex or do u just look for the rubing back legs
The females have an ovipositor (sp?) which is a long pointy thing sticking out the back of them, they use this to deposit the eggs deep into the egg laying substrate. The males do not have this.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: stupid god damn crickets

ok kelw tanx nomie an i was right its 7:30 am and im still awak didnt get a wink last night damn crickets lol i need a sound proof box lol oh well i hope to get sum sleep right about now

I used to breed thousands of them, and I had them in the garage, but still the noise became too irritating some nights. I used to have them in big plastic boxes, and in summer, I put the boxes outside of a night. The could chirp till their litte hearts were content out there and I just brought them in of a morning. Maybe you could try that? I believe you've been having really warm weather up there of late.

put them in a polystyrene box.... it worked for me ...... can't hear them through the thickness.....

Hey, Jimmy, buy some of those soft rubber earplugs, you twist em around then stick em in your ears when you go to bed. Works a treat, believe me! When we started breeding crix, we had them in tubs inside. I couldn't sleep either, so hence the earplugs. We now have ours outside in old freezers/fridges. Easy peasy. Cheers Cheryl

Jimmy, try putting velro on their back legs and they'll stick together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back