Labrapoodles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
In todays Sunday Mail was a great article (Puff piece) on 'Designer Dogs", it seems celebrities are lining up to pay top dollars for a poodle x labrador. Its all in the marketing isnt it? You can buy a cross bred mongrel for $20, but Jennifer Anistion (as if it really matters) had to get on a waiting list to get poor Brad a labradoodle.
Dog Breeders were naturally against this trend. (also protecting their investments)
It made me laugh as to the parallels to the herping side of things!
Soon we may have BREDUNGLES or VARIEGOASTALS.
Will they be $20 mongrels or will people pay good money for them? its all in the marketing, just get some airhead 'celebrities' to fork over some of their 'hard earned' dollars and 'booom' instant market!
Thats my sunday morning soap box! lol - time to clean some rodent tanks.

to true, i have seen some of those dogs. They look sooooo stupid. ?I hate poodels with their hair died pink and then their hair cut into little balls
Nice pst ad.

Regards Alex

Ad, i think the original idea of the labradoodle was to to provide a seeing eye dog which was suitable for blind folk with an allergy to dog hairs. the idea was that the labradoodle retains the poodles "hair" gene and the resulting animal dosent shed. A poodles hair grows out like ours and has to be cut, unlike most dogs who shed enuff hair to make an extra dog or two. Poodles hair is apparently non allergenic? :?
Actually mongrels are fetching some quite hefty dolars these days!
yesterdays tele has a female labradoodle pup 8 weeks & $950 !
also schnoodles (schnauzerxpoodle) m$650 f$750 :shock:

man i hate poodles, they look really dumb. though labs are cool. y wreck one breed by mixing it with another?

As inny said Lib, the main reason they were bred that way was to cater to vision impaired people with alergies. And they have been very succesful in doing so. But like anything else, they have been made a trend and normal people want them too.

I agree with the poodle hating, ridiculous dogs i think!
But each to their own i guess too!

Designer mutts. :)
Actually poodles are a very intellegent dog, but they have more than their fair share of psycological problems, possibly due to the silly haircuts people insist on giving them or the type of some of thier owners.
Take away the stupid styling and trained and looked after properly they are not bad dogs.
have a look at the third photo here http://www.pets4you.com/pages/kalchan.html
I'll taking about the standard poodle, not the toy or minitature, they are just rats and we all now what to do with rats.

Why get a Labradoodle when Curly Coated Retrievers are a pure breed and have all the excellent traits of a Lab?

As we all know its all about the money, the same as you see in America and I guess other places when they breed snakes, they are mostly mixed specimens and are fetching the bucks because of the demand. Herping is getting so "Popular" now its not a refined area any more, but its a fad and those of us of who are true will stick the others fill fade away

sorry bout that im drunk!

My neighbour breeds labradoodles and they are actually quite a nice dog. So knock them as much as you want but im sticking up for the little fellas, ive grown to like them. Though they are quite an expensive dog and they are not really that intelligent, they have a nice nature like a lab and cool hair like a poodle. I wouldnt buy one but they arent as bad as some of you make them out to be.
Anyways thats my 2 cents!!

I myself would much rather pure bred animals. I hate the look of poodels, they are just so, umm not tough? I'd much rather had a solid dog that could protect me. Even a lab or a golden retirever.

Speaking of which, me and rick just recently nearly bought a little girl lab, she was stunning! So so cute! But, we dont have the money, you know why? Rick wants his blackheadeds! :) Priorites :)

I'd much rather had a solid dog that could protect me. Even a lab or a golden retirever.

:lol: protect you by running up and wanting to play with your attacker? :)

Not all labs are like that. Soem of them are really smart. I know that my old lab would have protected me if they were going to hurt me. She showed me cos once this guy was walking down the street with a big stick in his hand and she was barking like mad at him, and we had to let her know that he was ok.

My mums dog sophie, whos a gorgeous golden retirever, she has a really really deep bark, that sounds more like a rotweiller's, and it sounds alot more scary than our dog, whos an american staffy!

A mate of mine in Queensland had a great big mongrel who'd probably eat those just for a quick snack :lol: I'd sooner have something that would protect you rather than have something that gets picked on by the local moggy brigade :lol: :lol:

This dog my mate owned was a Dane X Ridgeback and if my mate wanted to get smart with you he'd just pretend you were attacking him. With that the dog, who had been known to grab and eat whole chooks off the BBQ in a single gulp while they were cooking, would take you down the back of his property with your arm firmly clenched in it's mouth and take you for a delightful (not) dip in his dirty old dam! :evil: :lol: I was always good to bring two changes of clothes to Tonys! ...and a towel :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a mate had a ridgeback doberman cross. It went for me so I shoved my arm down its throat. It died.

hey moosey a mate has a bull terrier that likes to play and it was the first time i met him and his dog so he said to the dog go and play pointing at me and the dog prioceeded to grab my arm and take me for a swim, which was fine as we were there water skiing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back