Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
my friend works at dis fruit place when the boxs come from queensland there is some Green tree python there has been 2 so far. thats in 1 yrs all up there has been 10 :)

Many years ago I worked in Fruit and Veg and we had the occasional frog from QLD and one of our stores even had a snake (unsure what it was though) but I have unpacked thousands upon thousands of boxes of bananas from QLD and never found a snake.

Fuscus, I think you hit the nail on the head. Most Bananas come from Coffs or Tully, and Frogs, Carpoets and Gree Tree Snakes often hitch a ride.

As far as I am aware there are no large Banana plantations where Green Tree pythons are found.

He said fruit not banana's but i still find it hard to believe. I have heard of nice jungles turning up here in vic from qld fruit boxes but not gtp's.

Bannanas are the standard transporter of frogs (and I assume GTS) because of all the crevices. Things like mangos are hand packed and less likely to contain hitch-hikers. Of course it is possible for the animals to enter the boxes during storage

A GTS showed up a couple of years back at one of our local green grocers in Clayton (Victoria).

I have heard of Banana box tree snakes being sold through pet shops.... well I know somebody who bought one from the Mentone outlet. It can be very hard to get these snakes feeding on rodents or other feeder food.

Perhaps "DIS FRUIT PLACE" is like a gay nightclub that brings GTPs to Melbourne to sell on the black market. You know, little bottle of amyl and a GTP sweets.
Either that or FATS have a lot of explaining to do.

a taipan ended up at vic market 18months ago.

my parents found out years ago when we lived in png,when they decided to spruce up their garden.. well collecting staghorns from jungle = papuan blacks

Iron Range is famous for its banana plantations, maybe the chondros have evolved to being born yellow and then turning green in direct contrast to the banana growth! Camoflaguing themselves from the banana farmers for a free trip to Melbourne?
It definitely requires further scientific study -at least a reclassification of the name to 'banana snakes' - then maybe people wouldnt confuse them for common green tree snakes.

Yeah i wanna box a bananas and a green tree python included

Perhaps we are looking at it the wrong way..It could be a new sales gimmic within the fruit trade...Buy a box of banana's and we'll through in a "FREE G.T.P" :wink:

The green pythons ones are no good as they are not ripe.
Once a year..someone posts about GTS and calls them GTP instead...has it been a year already.
A 7ft Olive Python made all the way down to Woolies in Wagga Wagga. I know the guy that ended up with the cranky thing and it's still going strong.

We get bananas here from canarvon ( banarvon ) that make the eastern ones taste like cardboard. They are smaller but have a great taste.

That's it i'm moving to canarvon(banarvon), i'm bursting with banana envy. :)
But seriously sending gtp's in banana box's is chondrosending to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back