i get my new frogs 2morrow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
hi all im getting my new golden bell frogs (Litoria Aurea) tomorrow, just wondering who else has them and if you do anything different with them. i got a lot of info off then net and off breeders but just thought i would see if anyone one else has them and what do you do?

Thanks
ashley

I have been working with Green and Golden Bell Frogs over the past year and they are great frogs. Most of my experiences have been with wild individuals bbut i have worked a little bit with captives.

As you probably know aurea are very versatile in colouration. I have seen some that have been completly green and others that have been completly brown. It has been demonstrated in captive specimens pretty often that they need UV light to retain their colours. These are one of a few species of frogs that have been observed to be basking on sunny days. So basically if you want them to retain their nice colours either keep them outside once big enough or give them access to a good source of UV light.

Apart from that they are pretty similar to other frogs to keep. Although they are classified as tree frogs they spend most of their time on the ground so this must be taken into account. You are very very lucky to be keeping such beautiful frogs!!

Alexahnder

Natural Sunlight would be ideal but a UV fluoro should do the job. I woulodn't use a spot because of the risk of the frogs overheating.

How old are the aurea you are purchasing?

Alexahnder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back