Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuthn2do

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Dull greyish black, about 1m long 3cm thick, ventral scales pink/apricot with some dark banding, no other distinctive markings. A very agile climber and extremely active considering the weather is 15 degrees and overcast. Location is Nundle (170 km's inland of Port Macquarie), altitude is 850m and open eucalypt forest/grazing land.

Ok, you now know as much as me.
Any ideas?

Hmm? Sounds interesting? Thinking along the lines of Stephen's Banded. Seeing as you wrote so much info, I'm guessing no piccy's.

Yeah Switch, I first thought of a small eyed but wasn't sure if they were abboreal. This thing apparently is quite at home looking for tucker 2m up a tree.

Nah no pics Chewy, the property owner is not that keen on getting close enough to use the digicam but they did have a decent pair of binoculars. From the description relayed by mobile phone I've ruled out Stephens, Golden-crowned, Copperhead or White-lipped because it's head has no distinctive markings at all.

Either a very dark Brown Tree snake or an old favourite, a Rough Scaled Snake.

Im putting my money on a brown tree snake.
ps-small-eyed snakes r completely hopeless climbers and golden crowns also suck at climbing.
A little more info could help though...small or large eyes in comparison to the head? is the head disinct from the neck?
If it is a brown tree snake it is very very thick for its size...my one is 5 foot and about 2cm wide even though he is a great feeder, just a thin species.

Mmmmm, head and eyes not distinct (the caller described them as similar to a RBB).
Anyway it looks like it's set up camp so I'll head down there tomorrow and have a poke around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back