Split from for sale. Wiring.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you get an electrician to do all your stuff bigguy? i get an electrician to do all the stuff i have but alas he is a friend so its not a huge bill at the end

Switch, do you know if you are covered legally if you have done the wiring yourself and then have an electrician check and tag what has been done or does it become an arguement about what they tagged and what may or may not have changed since.

If an Electrician has Inspected the wiring and and has tested the appliance and tagged it indicates he is satisfied with the installation and signs it off in an appropriate log book, and if he charged you, then it becomes his liability(Keep your invoice and receipt), If a mate checks it out and verbally says its OK, but you have no evidence, gaurentee its going to be your prbolem if something goes wrong, manslaughter charges are an issue if a person is injured and heartbreak if you kill an expensive Herp.
I am prepared to help anyone who is nearby, but obviously im not coming to queensland to hook up some lights, hehehhe, unless you own a resort and i can stay for a week for nicks.

africancichlidau said:
That's the way Greebo. It's not worth the risk with insurance companies. All my cages have been wired by an electrician. :)

wonder if we use the same electrcian?? :)

jakew said:
If you wanted to wire up a thermostate the IMIT type, how would you do it. Of course I will get a qualified electrician to check it, my brothers one.

I'd suggest you get your brother to wire it up.

:p

Hix

Hmmm, I wish that I had a good mate to do mine, but the sparky I know is an associate of my father in law. He'll charge, but only about $40 to do a whole tank setup - but trust me, if I could do it myself, I would!! (But i would then buy this sparky an expensive bottle of something for him to check that they're all A-OK)..... I should become his apprentice!! lol

Thanks Switch,

I have a very exclusive French flavoured resort you may have. We call it Le Garage and it come with a King size, if you are a 6 yr old, bed. It is very close to the beer fridge and the beach, oh and I hope you like rats.

But mate it is all yours!

I do my own wiring I checked out the specs on the web for how to do it. Think it was some Australian Standards site for wiring plugs and fittings. (with pictures too so you can't stuff it up) and its all safe no exposed wires or nothing and very very secure. Fortunately one of my mates is an electrical engineer and I had him inspect them all he reckons I've done a good job at it.
None the less I keep my herps in "zeee bunker" which is a concrete bessa block construction the only thing that would burn are the cages the herps and the iron roofing and wooden beams i can't see it spreading in any event of a fire to neighboiuring buildings etc.

i can't see it spreading in any event of a fire to neighboiuring buildings etc.

Sorry Cerion, but I think that statement is a little naive, read up a bit on "flashover" and you'll see that fire doesn't need a clear passage to spread. Not having a go at you mate but I think it is important that people understand these principles when they are taking risks with wiring etc. Lots of things look simple and easy when one doesn't understand the principles behind them, as has already been said by someone in this thread, it's easy to get something to work but is it safe? This is another matter entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back