Help Needed re Memory Card for new Digital Camera?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we just received our new digital camera in the mail today - a 6.6mega pixels. Now, being a real durhead when it comes to this new fandangled technology, I didn't realise that I had to purchase a Memory card as well :oops: . The manual says that the specification of memory card applicable to the camer is SD or MMC(4MB~512MB). I'm just wondering whether this one on eBay would be ok? Cheers Cheryl

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43476&item=3870126707&rd=1

Hey,

What brand and model camera is it? IMO Kingston is top of the line for memory products. You do realise that it will ship from the US and the warranty is provided by the manufacturer which means you will have to ship it to the US for a warranty claim.

I just found this online

Kingston SD 512 MB Memory Card (Life Time Warranty)

Price: $66.00 (inc GST)

Kingston's Secure Digital (SD) memory cards combine massive storage capacity, blazing data transfer rates and ironclad security in a memory card no bigger than a postage stamp.

Availability: Ships within 24 hours
Shipping & Freight: $7.00

At least with this the warranty is covered in Australia and the price is exactly the same as the one on eBay. :)

Anyway, congrats on the camera. :)

Cheryl,

Go to either Dick Smith's or Strathfield Car Radios..... You should find one there cheaper !!!

Kingston, Sandisk and Ridata are all good brands but the catch with memory is the read/write speeds. Most cams have a buffer (inbuilt memory) in the camera that stores the images first then dumps it to the card when it gets a chance. File type/size, shooting modes and buffer size rule the need for speed.
What camera is it and I'll give you an idea of minimum speed.

Yeah RR, those like the one snakewrangler posted the link to would be fine. It says it has got 16meg built in, so you should still be able to play around with it.

Umm?? I posted what the manual recommended in my first post. Just wanted to be sure that I was buying the correct memory card t'is all. So if it has 16meg built in, that's internal memory right? Can we still take photos, and view on our puter etc, etc. :? I'll have a look at the Digicity website, sounds cheaper than ebay. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back