Rip Off!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevo said:
How long had you owned them Daniel and does the 6mth rule apply in qld cause you seem to be buying and selling alot of animals as well?

I am not "buying and selling" and I cartainly do NOT buy and sell for profit. The reason I am selling a lot of Carpet Pythons lately is because I have decided not to keep them anymore to concentrate on the species that interest me more (Aspidites and Elapids).

Daniel

What is this mans real crime? Besides not bringing to attention the fact that one was a fussing feeder what other reason you people really begrudge this fellow. What is the difference to selling to a commercial dealer in another state or to this guy besides the fact that it is technically illegal, after all the actions remain the same in either case: ie profiting out of wild life. I am not on this guys side at all especially if there was dishonesty involved. I am however interested in what part of this deal offends some of you.

My main question was how long had u had them and does the 6mth rule apply in Qld?

BROWNS said:
Assholes huh???
yeah man you bet .....were you the one who bought them?

Nah-ah Browns - this transaction had nothing to do with me. But I would tell you what - I would be mighty unhappy if I bought them for full price off this other guy, and then found out how cheap he head gotten them for from Ozherp.

What is this mans real crime? Besides not bringing to attention the fact that one was a fussing feeder what other reason you people really begrudge this fellow. What is the difference to selling to a commercial dealer in another state or to this guy besides the fact that it is technically illegal, after all the actions remain the same in either case: ie profiting out of wild life. I am not on this guys side at all especially if there was dishonesty involved. I am however interested in what part of this deal offends some of you.

The bit that I think is not right, is the fact that he was dishonest to ozherp. "thanx man, they're so great!! I'll be buying more in the future" etc etc. It would have been better if he got them, then emailed oz to say, I have decided to keep THESE ones, but sell THOSE ones, so that oz knew where he stood, rather than finding out the way how he did.
I too would be mighty peeved if I sold 4 pythons for $460, only to see that person selling them for $1200 the next day. It's just a bit rough. I just don't see why ppl feel the need to be so dishonest/dodgy/greedy for? I buy my herps coz I love them and want them to be my pets. Yeah, I'll sell the babies for profit (or to pay for the adults food bills) but I buy the adults with the full intentions of them living out their days with me. Not some 'oh, that person is selling a female adult beardie for $50!! They don't know it's value!! I'll but it and sell if to TWO hundred!!' Nah - that bargain is for me!! Not for me to make $$ off....
Ok, I'll shut now.
:)

If it were me buying or purchasing the animals in question and had not been told about the fussy feeder and not realised that these animals were or are being sold as a profit from one hand to the next i'd be mighty p'd off............

beknluke said:
I have decided to keep THESE ones, but sell THOSE ones

The thing is, that is what he told me when I found out about the ad and asked him, yet he had all four of them advertised so he obviously didn't plan to keep any and did buy all of them for profit (or should I say to rip people off).

Oh that's even worse - lying!! What can you do thos Oz?? As I said, I think that you have done the right thing by posting here and meking ppl more aware of what goes on. Other than that - never EVER deal with that persone again??
*heavy sigh*
Thankfully it's not the majority of ppl who are like that guy...

That's the sort of person i don't like to share a hobby with.. makes the honest ones all a lot more 'closed' and cautious.

Is the price that this guy was asking for these reptiles really that much different to many of the other adds for the same species ? If the price was similar and the reptiles were in good order and the fussy feeder was declared ( I am aware that it was not ) as such, how could the buyer be deemed to be ripped off ? I can understand Ozherps position, but I would have thought the buyer should only be hosed off in regards to the fussy feeder not being brought to his attention.

If you sell anything and your happy enough with what youre getting for it, i dont believe you can complain if the buyer then sells it for more. Thats life.

Thanks Daniel.
It wasn't hard to find that blokes name. The herping community is not that big and reputations spread fast.

Thats another Q.

When you guys sell, say 20 hatchies or so, do most people declare them. I thinking that I get enough TAX "TAKEN" from me each week.

I'm going to try to breed my Diamonds this year, I really don't think the TAX theifs need to know, unless of course someone tells them, or reads this.lol

God thats apsolutely pathetic. i'm sorry to hear that this hapened to u daniel. bloody hell i would b VERY angry if that happened to me.

the reason i sad about tax is a mate of mine just got a fine because he didnt declare his great dane puppies and he made $4000. he got cought because he sold to a bisness and the got audited.

Isn't it legal to make up to $20,000 from a hobby without paying or declaring for tax purposes ? Wasn't this recently covered in another thread ? I can't see why your mate was fined really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back