have a guess

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Righto guys, not a real hard one I guess but what do you reckon this is and where from? Sorry about the photo quality.

It's definitely not a Gosford Diamond! I reckon Magpie is close but I would say it's from a little further south than Coffs???

hmmm...looks part diamond part carpet???
Me not so sure :? ...interesting looking specimen though 8)

I think ozherp wins. It's a diamond maybe intergrade from Port Stephens that was dining on some chook chicks in a friends chook shed. He went back out the bush of course. Everyone says intergrades start much further north but after seeing several like this guy you gotta wonder?
Weird that you can find a snake like that and then a nice yellow diamond not a kilometre away hey. Anyway he was a nice snake - cool head pattern.
Bye, Steve.

damn it...and i was just gonna say it was an intergrade!!! :lol:
Anyways, yeah, i agree on the fead pattern as well...kinda reminded me a bit of a jungles head patterns, yet a little different....ANYWAYS, like u sed, nice snake!

Is it just a fugly swamp monster diamond or a true intergrade...just how far north and south do the intergrades stop occurring and we merge back to one species etc???

I have found quite a few pythons in springbrook that look like brown phase diamonds but have a line running across there hole length of there back.

Browns, intergrades start just south of Taree and north to Coffs Harbour. Port Macquarie is smack in the middle of intergrade central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back