Does anybody know what this is???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pic worked for me, wonderfull colours but i am not going to have a guess...i have no idea

My first guess was gunna be a uromastyx, based o the colours, but the head looks more like a skink. Can't enlarge the pic to get a decent look at it.. but it still kinda looks like a mali uromastyx.

K looked a bit closer and the head looks like a uromastyx, to me at least :) Tail's not very spiky like on a mali, but maybe it's a bit variable :? Or a different species. anyone?

Actually Agama agama seems more like it.

KOL6877.jpg

Yes agama agama, I kept them in the UK years ago. They are just like Bearded dragons, great characters and some amazing colours.

Think that is it the same lizard that my dad found is RSA. Here is a pic,

04_11_4Thurs11_Tim_sWork_lizard_CROPPED3.jpg

Do you mean are they really that colour ? If so yes they are, they vary greatly across their range like most reptiles. They vary from the full colour spectrum like the ones in the photo to just brick red to very light with a red head.

Sorry yes I should have qualified my statement, as is usual the male is the best looking :lol:

It's a pity we can't keep imported species, I would love to have one of those. However, I do understand why we can't and I guess we're pretty lucky we have diverse amount of reptile's in Australia. Still a pity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back