Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
RE: Sale or Swap

Is he truly 8 feet or are you just guessing? Photos next to a tape measure please.

yeah right. coz a "8 FOOT" snake just lies dead straight next to a tape measure on command. :roll:

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but speaking of correct lengths being advertised, recently a very promerment herper advertised a 7 ft female fierce snake for sale here a few weeks back. I contacted this person by phone and he assured me it had been measured several times and it was 7ft.

I thought this was not normal, but as I knew the person I went ahead and purchased it. Well it arrived on Saturday from Brisbane and I opened the box together with John Weigel at the ARP. What a dissapointment. As I expected it was not 7 ft, not even 6 ft. Tape measures in Qld always appear to be stretched. :lol:

"""how big is your snake""" :oops: :shock: geez people this a very tricky question to be asking!! if you wanted to be dirrrty!
I was thinking that this should be brought up.

lmao Azztech - just give him a rub in the right place - look for a blue vein.

yeah right. coz a "8 FOOT" snake just lies dead straight next to a tape measure on command.

"He probably wasn't to keen to measure the snake, but thought it easier to measure the shead.................."

Re: RE: Sale or Swap

If you are confident in handling an 8 foot python, you should be able to do measure it with the aid of another person. It took 3 people to measure my 10 foot long carpet (2950mm and 3080mm).

As Bob said, it happens a lot. Everyone likes to think they have a monster snake. I am interested in getting some big pythons again, hence the reason I am asking.

RE: Re: RE: Sale or Swap

Indicus - Don't get me started on that! I've had people telling me about 13 foot carpets, and show me their 8 foot carpets shed skin. As usual, I bite my tongue, nod, and smile...

ill try to take this pic but its hard to do that with a 10ft+ python

i was told to use string runing along its spine then measure the string (which i will do when my male has digested) and then ill try get him nxt to sumthing for perspective

What sort of python?

The string method is sketchy. Personally, I prefer to stretch them out beside a tape measure. With a few people helping, you can usually get them 99% stretched out.

It's quite common to get 10 foot Olives, Scrubs etc, but 10 foot Carpets are very rare. John Weigel was telling me he has only ever seen two true 10 foot Coastals.

I am not prone to exaggeration, we went to Mt Mee about 2 months ago and crossing a path in front of us was a carpet that was at least 9 feet long and quite probably longer, it's head was as big as my fist and it was as big around as my upper arm. I didn't even have my camera with me but believe me this thing was big.

yer my 10ft is a male i bought off of Ultimate reptiles the male was origionaly a wildcaught from snakesnt

ill try both and ill get heaps of pics so you can get an idea of his size he was extreamly slender when i got him (typical of wild olives) and half the girth of the female he has fattened up quiet a bit with 2 week feedings of 1 jumbo rat every 2 weeks

he just had 2 jumbo's for one meal due to my carelessness (i dident check my female who haddent been out in a week b4 i defrosted the rats and she was in slough)

I always let them strech out and then measure them, I always underestimate their length, better to do that than to tell everyone how your 10ft coastal became 6ft overnight.

Afro - She is still 10 foot, unless she had an accident and lost some of her tail.

One of the sites members (Wrasse) was present for one of the measurings.

lol you lot are naughty, i have no idea how long mine are, nothing over 5ft though with the smallest only 30cms. I have seen a 9ft coastal though, i wont say where as he prolly doesnt want it advertised, but it was an awesome site.

Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back