What would you do in this situation ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mblissett

Reaction score
I received the below email today..... what would you do ??

One of Tylers (my old dog - pure bred chihuahua) pups, or young adult is at a Quakers Hill vets and I was contacted as he is still in my name. Would you be able to pick him up? They said the pound guy will be picking him up today at some time. The number is ********, even if a friend or family member could pick him up, save the dog going to the pound. I'm just too far away but don't know if you or someone you know may be close enough to help?
If you got him and like him and the owner doesn't turn up you could keep him. He will be a pup we have bred with Tyler.

Mind you I rand the vet and they said I can pick him up after I pay the $64 in holding fees and it grows by $16 per day......

What would you guys do ??

Quakers Hill is about 30 mins drive from my place, but I don't drive :(

I also would pick it up, but if you dont drive quakers is a bitch to get to, and the $64 would come back to you from the owner if it ever turned up im sure. I know i would pay it back ten fold if it was my dog. Karma is a crazy thing you know Matt. No pressure or anything.

Angel

Ditto. If the owner turns up, they'd re-imburse, but be sure they have a believable story... Anyone you know in the area would drive you out there if you gave them the story. Think how much better you would feel afterwards, as well..

I just rang my friend who lives in Seven Hills, she is going to pick him up

I must be missing something, can't the person you sold tyler to work out who's pup it is? They sold the pup didn't they?

Good on u Mblissett, i wuld of done thatt 2. man if my dog went missing...

Yes they sold the pup, but the purchaser did not change the microchip details nor leave any details with the seller (which I think is strange)

This is what I don't understand why it would be my responsibility to pick up the dog when I live in a 3brm townhouse with 2 other dogs and plenty of other animals already and don't really have the cash to pay for extra expenses (getting paid monthly sux)

What if the owner was never found? I am stuck with another dog which I can't really afford and not to sound heartless want. I love my animals dearly but somewhere you have to draw a line and stop, trust me I want the best for this little guy but the thought of him or my other animals getting sick and more vet bills would certainly give me a heart attack !!

I have just emailed the owner of Tyler (as the dog has been there since Saturday) to ask what she would like me to do ?

I have organised my friend to pick up and look after the dog anyway so even though I have written the above I can't help myself

I dont understand why you would be contacted for this Matt. What is your ties with the owner of the dog?

I gave her my 2 chihuahua's about 2 years ago as the rental place I was living in would not allow pets and they kept getting out of the yard.

I gave them to her as I was worried my dogs were going to get hit by a car or taken by someone, and hoped they would be going to a more secure yard.

The lady (Chris) lives in Orange and keeps me updated on the progress on my old dogs.

Thats the only ties I have, I gave her my dogs

Nobody is saying it is your responsibility Matt, just saying what you asked, what WE would do in your situation, we cant possibly know your personal situation but only what info you gave us to start with..... but im glad you helped the dog anyway..... :)

Angel

I assume the dog must be microchipped? The name on that rego paper with the chip number of that animal is responsible for all costs/damage/injury that it incurs. I know a person that had to pay $1400 damages and vet bills for an animal that was stolen 4 years prior. :shock:

Closer reading it's obvious it's chipped :oops:
If it goes to the pound only the real (or someone with the a letter signed by) the registered owner can bail it out.

:cry: I would have picked up the dog and looked after him until something turns up. I am sure someone would take a little cutie :wink:

Unfortunately it was out of my hands, we couldn?t get out there until Saturday the vet said the pound will pick him up today if I can?t get there, as apparently they can?t keep him there forever (stupid how its forever) and they were quite rude about it, so he will be going off to the pound. I wish I could help out I really do, but there?s nothing I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back