Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Integrade -v- interbred?

bigguy said:
Menagerie, Diamonds occur south of Taree to the Vic border. Coastal Carpets occur north of Coffs Harbour. Inbetween are the intergrades were over hundreds of thousands of years the two species merged with each other, creating a seperate species.

People in the Port Macquarie area breed intergade hatchlings each year, but never as dear as $350 to $400.

Some people breed pure Diamonds to pure Carpets creating a hybrid. These are virtually worthless as they are just mongrels. These breedings should not be condoned and it is actually illegal in some state to do.

As for Diamonds hatchlings, I have 2 clutches allready hatched from high yellow parents and these will be available in a week or two as soon as they start eating. I live at Gosford, just north of Sydney.

Thanks Bigguy. I would be interested in your diamonds hatchlings. How much were you planning on selling them for? I have heard you mention a caresheet in previous threads, would it be possible for me to see that?

Again, thanks for your response :)

RE: Re: RE: Integrade -v- interbred?

Menagerie, PM has been sent to you.

RE: Re: RE: Integrade -v- interbred?

Dear menagerie.
We have on this site search facility. It is on the top of your screen.
Just type word intergrate in to serch and I can asure you that you will have reading for all evening. All posts with Itergrade mentioned will be available for past 2 years.
I am recommending to all members to check search button first. There is lot of informations in past forum discussions.
I hope that this will be help mate.

Just to add a bit more confusion to the matter - would normal gentics occur when 2 integrades breed ie a some would come out as integrades some as pure Coastals & some as pure Diamonds?

david63 said:
would normal gentics occur when 2 integrades breed ie a some would come out as integrades some as pure Coastals & some as pure Diamonds?

That would not be normal genetics. An intergrade is an intergrade (not a Diamond x Coastal). When an intergrade is bred with an intergrade, they have intergrade young..................

Where is that head banging thingy??...........

david63, some of the hatchling's may very well have traits and colouration similiar to a diamond or coastal but would never be one.

Thats right. They would be pure intergrades, nothing else.

Re: RE: Integrade -v- interbred?

Greebo said:
It is a bit tricky Menagerie.
An intergrade is a species that occurs naturally where the range of Diamonds and Coastals overlap.

It is not just Diamonds and Coastal Carpets that intergrade, although the most famous. It also occurs where Diamonds meet Inlands, Jungles meet Coastals, Maculosus meet Stimoni, Stimsoni meets Childreni.

Just thought I'd throw that in, as this was mentioned on that subject on a previous thread, some time ago.

Menagerie said:
Was there really a need for headbanging and eye rolling smilies? Perhaps the people that want to answer questions could post, and those that don't can avoid the topic completely. I am here solely to learn, am trying to avoid wasting people's time; I thought that people would not mind answering a question that I was not aware was frequently asked.

Menagerie,

I've don't usually have a problem with people asking questions. If they ask one that gets asked all the time then I ignore that thread. The reason I used the head-banging emoticon was because this is a controversial subject that gets people confused, and gets some hot under the collar. And the terminology is, umm......., problematic (for me anyways). The genetics is, I believe, still in limbo. :roll:
banghead.thumb.gif

But if you want to see rapid movement in APS - start a thread asking what everyone thinks about Steve Irwin! :twisted: :twisted:

And now would be a good time to start it, while there are no mods online to lock it!
:twisted: :twisted:

:p

Hix

If I had pure intergrades and did breed them. How would i be able to convince people they where pure intergrades and not hybribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back