anyone for a few rattle snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg! they like a brickade :lol: thats one pipe i aint goin through!!!! :-?

That pic has been around for a while. I heard it was in Texas.

The pic usually appears in emails with this one of a gator found in a pipe.

pic00535.jpg

:p

Hix

yip i have seen that email. it also comes with a photo with an anaconda with a supposed person inside of it.. is that a croc or a gator??

Is that the biggest these gator's get or can they get bigger? Thats seriously huge.

soulweaver said:
Its also used as an ad campaign to try and get ppl to stop smoking pipes :)

Thats it im goin to rehab.....(bubble bubble bubble)
just kidding :p

I'll take a handful. Okay a few bags full. Then I can breed them to my male Cascabel I'm picking up next month.

Incedently, the gator pick is a persepective peice. The gator isn't as big as it seems. No gator gets that big.

Actually, on closer look, those don't look like Neo-Tropical Rattlesnakes. They look a bit more like a C. viridis ssp. I don' t think that photo was taken in Brazil.

Livewire said:
Is that the biggest these gator's get or can they get bigger? Thats seriously huge.

should check out the sizes of the saltwater crocs up here, they are massive

Wow, how cute is that, all cuddled up together, can anyone hazard a guess as to what this type of behaviour might suggest? My first thought is hibernation, i thought rattlers were fairly solitary creatures though. They are alive right????

I know some species of rattler "den." This is where large numbers of them spend the winter together in a cave or some such.

They appear to be diamond backs so definately U.S. Anyhow, Cascabels are the south most rattlesnake and don't extend as far south as Brazil.

Actually, Chewy, one of my books says that one of the subspecies of the Cascabel - Crotalus durissus terrificus - is found in "SE Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Nth Argentina", and lists three other ssp. found in Brazil.

Just as a matter of interest.

:p

Hix

Source: Freiberg, Marcos, Dr., 1982, Snakes of South America, TFH Publications Inc. Ltd: pg 121

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back