Att Jeff Hardy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JeffHardy said:
If a licensed reptile keeper uses a website dedicated entirely to herps we will not have a problem with adds for sale of excess reptiles that have been held for the required 6 months.

Jeff
I disagree.

Nothing there refers to clubs societies, memberships, run for profit or otherwise.

Herptrader is dedicated entirely to herps. It charges an adminastrive fee on the completion of the transaction to cover costs.(so they informed us on Australainherps)

peterescue said:
JeffHardy said:
If a licensed reptile keeper uses a website dedicated entirely to herps we will not have a problem with adds for sale of excess reptiles that have been held for the required 6 months.

Jeff

Nothing there refers to clubs societies, memberships, run for profit or otherwise.
If you take exactly what he said at face value then HerpTrader is most definately an acceptable place to advertise your excess herps, it is entirely dedicated to herps, unless Jeff comes on here and specifically says HerpTrader is excluded then it is safe to say that it is OK to advertise there. IMO.

Slateman said:
But I don't think that situation with not publishing state in case of NSW sale on herptrader is big problem for anybody. Nearly all people do know what it means when location behind the add is missing.
I would hazard a guess that NPWS also know this slatey, but they are not going after people for doing it, why? Most probably because that site is deemed an appropriate place to advertise, do you honestly think that not putting your state fools NPWS and they don't realise you are doing it? They know, and from what Jeff has said I believe they don't care because it fits their criteria of an acceptable place to advertise. IMO.

I am interested to see what Jeff himself has to say on this.

Cheers.

Apparently the old Herp Trader does fit the requirements. Visit http://www.herptrader.com.au and check out the listings ;-)

peterescue said:
JeffHardy said:

Jeff
I disagree.

Herptrader is dedicated entirely to herps. It charges an adminastrive fee on the completion of the transaction to cover costs.(so they informed us on Australainherps)

I am glad that i was wrong.
I wish to herptrader only the best.

Slateman wrote: BuggieSmuggler why are you asking this questien? I hope you not smugling anything.

No slateman only Buggies.lol.

Jeff wrote:we will not have a problem with adds for sale of excess reptiles that have been held for the required 6 months.

What I would like to know is how when someone breeds hundreds of reps per year how that fits in to this ruling ?

6 month rule only applies to aquired animals. Captive bred animals can be disposed of imediately by their breeder.

Ok ! So there is no issue with how many are sold, it's just the advertising that's an issue in NSW.
The impulse buying theory sounds a bit lame considering you have to wait for a licence & you can look at interstate ads anyway.

Does Leighton Hewitt type antics.
pauses and reflects.
thinks
"who can I nitpick now"
I cant go to Parko's party so it may have to be him :wink:

isn't herptrader vitorian based, if so he would be aloud to advertise,sell,except adds etc from NSW, wouldn't he? :roll:

In Victoria the rule is that they can be sold as soon as they are "self sufficient."

For snakes this generally is interpretted as when they are feeding swithout assistance but this is not hard and fast.

For turtles however it is stated in the statutes that the turtle must have a carapase length of at least 100mm. It can take a while to get a turtle this big and their husbandry requirements are not all that challenging. I suspect this is a legacy of the abuse of "penny turtles" before they introduced the law.

bigguy said:
6 month rule only applies to aquired animals. Captive bred animals can be disposed of imediately by their breeder.

I would have to agree with that statement david. They have spontanious purchase written all over them at the hatchling stage. I remember a petshop in Doncaster in the 70s that would have a tank full of "penny turtles"(sic) one week and only a few left the next while adults would be in petshops for a much longer time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back