Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
hi all i was just wondering what i can put in a avairy and in snakes and lizards (and i dont mean together)

i live in brisbane and im about half way between the goldcoast and brisbane

thanks
ashley

[/quote]just wondering what i can put in a avairy
:shock: Birds are nice!!

Sorry, long day! Lizards look good with the right branches and stuff because they don't mind being outside, but I like lizards best... :wink:

:roll: See told you it was a long day, now I am putting everything but the quote caption in the quote caption box. Is there a Homer D'Oh emoticon? Where is InStar when you need him..... :p

Id say just about anything not small enough to escape through holes i.e hatchy snakes. I wouldnt try to house shingleback skinks outdoors on ther coast either. Any carpet or diamond, BHP, or woma, hell Red belly blacks if ya like! :D
I want an avairy for some monitors myself..........eventually!

Possum said:
:roll: See told you it was a long day, now I am putting everything but the quote caption in the quote caption box. Is there a Homer D'Oh emoticon? Where is InStar when you need him..... :p

Ta da !
doh.thumb.gif

2 words for you "scrub" "pythons" if i had an aviry thats what id be getting a pair of these beutys

We are currently selling off our Parrots, (too many birds, not enough time) and plan on setting the aviary up for Beardies. Just remember to make sure they can't dig out.

jimmy_the_kid said:
scrubbies or olives

Nah, if you want snakes, go for something local like Carpet Pythons. Even maculosus or Brown Tree Snakes will do well as long as your avairy is very escape proof. If you want lizards, the choice is endless.............

Daniel

Make a list and put ur finger on it with ur eyes shut. then u can chose that way.

thanks everyone, just one more question i know scrub a known to be agro but if ii was to get a hatchy and held it alot can the become as tame as a costal/ md etc or are they just more agro than the normal snake.

yeah ash, they do hav that bad attitude rep, don't they...and usually cos many of them have been known 2 readily snap at ya, but im sure there are some out there that would be tame ...and yes, handling a snake as a hatchy does help in getting a snake used to being held by humans, but it may not necessarily "tame" it as... i believe each snake has its own personality and temperament and it varies greatly...many will out-grow their snappiness as juvies but some will remain snappers (not the fish u guys!!! :roll: ) believe it or not there do exist the rare "tame" scrubbies

I would be putting anything you like out their providing they can live happily in that environment. As for scrubbies their was quite a large specimen at the wild expo in Sydney a while back and he was a big baby. They had him out around the shoulders of ppl in the show so he was very placid. Just goes to show that there are quiet ones about.

ok is there anything i need to know about putting one up and is full cement floor or just a runner that it sits on and goes a foot - 1 1/2 foot deep, do i need to cut the roof to put wire on it or clear perspex. also in the big picture do i convert a bird avairy or build one.

What would be the best opague barrier to revent nose rub in lizards in an avairy and how do you prevent it with snakes?

I used a bird avairy and got them to cut out part of the roof and put mesh in there. That way my diamonds can sit in the sun and rain.
I have perspex about a 18inches high at the bottom to prevent nose rubbing when they are cruising around the floor.

On the door i installed 3 latches to prevent them from pushing out from the inside.

I have packed gravel down around the edges to stop rodents etc and then laid pavers around the outside.

tn_131_3112.JPG
tn_131_3111.JPG

cheers

Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back