Pregnant Sleepy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
G'day,

I THINK that my female sleepy is pregnant. The person that i bought them off said that she had been putting on quite a bit of weight. Well now she a really heavy. Heavier than the male and he is at least 7cm bigger. She is fairly rounded and wider than usual. She has recently become very jumpy, more so than when i first got her. She will bolt into her hide if my hand touches her. What does everyone think??

I can posts pics a pit later on.

Regards Alex

Cool, i hope she is, tentative congrats! :D post pics if she is please!

Indeed, live young as well. So no incubating :)! They only give birth to 2 maybe 3 so it will be easy to look after them. Hopefully she is pregnant. I am still not 100% sure. Ill take some pick and post them and you can give me your ideas.

Do you know where those Stumpies originated from? They look different to the ones we find here (Barossa Valley, SA). Thinner, longer tails and more robust heads.

Ether, its very possible that she is gravid. The second shot shows she is fairly wide right in front of the back legs. Thats how I could always tell when mine were. They normally have 1 or 2 young, rarely three and you will see why if she gives birth. The babies are just huge and you wonder how she every squeezed them out.

RE: Re: RE: Pregnant Sleepy?

Awsome, thanks for the replys. Looks like i will just have to wait. After hearing what bigguy said i am pretty confident. So fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

Regards Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back