Big Feed Pics...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well 8 chit chat topics out of 12 on a reptile site isn't too bad huh :roll:

Thought this might break some monotony.This is the biggest feed this girls had to date and i would very rarely feed such a large meal but once here and there can't hurt.I'm conditioning her ready for the coming breeding season...hope you like the pics :D

2005_02030054.jpg

2005_02040077.jpg

2005_02040078.jpg

Tis a mighty big feed, nice python! Here is a pic of my bredli eating backwards.

P2020003.jpg

Our Tiger snakes have a real habit of eating their food backwards.

Browns - I used to give all my young pythons an equivalent sized feed to that on a fortnightly basis. I once gave an 8 foot carpet eight 300 gram rats in one sitting...he loved it.

What size rat is that Browns. Looks pretty %$#@%^& Big.
Tourett

Couple more pics....not huge feeds,just the regular size i feed once a week.

Sxe that's a big feed for any juvenile or young snake even fortnightly but they are growing.I wouldn't suggest to feed bhp's ,jungles or diamonds that much every feed due to risk of fatty liver disease but once here and there with lean rodents is fine.The first pic i posted is a fat adult rat being swallowed which i wouldn't recommend feeding regularly to any jungle frequently,especially adults!!

2005_02030045.jpg

2005_02030053.jpg

why not to adult jungles browns? they like bhp's as in they get the bad liver?

Feeding big meals frequently to adult animals could lead to FLD, but I highly doubt it would have any effect on juveniles, they just grow like weeds.

What lineage is that Jungle from?

fatty liver disease

thats a beautiful animal u got there browns..and yeah, nice pics...thats one helluva rat!! huge feed for a jungle!!!!

Doesnt look like she'd fit into her bed that night Browns..hehe.

Thanx rockchick i think she's quite nice myself :) Yep was a huge feed for her alright and she "just"squeezes into her hide..here's a pic of a different jungle again 2 days after a good feed.This male and the one in the pic previous to this are gonna be busy boys this coming breeding season :wink:

2005_02040089.jpg

nice pics there oh brown one. would like to see head shots of the jungle u just posted and his tank if possible? he looks awesome and the tank seems to be nice.

thats mad i cant wait for my snakes 2 eat something that BIG

Here you go Ricko,i usually always come through on photos when asked...he's in a 4 ft aquarium style tank atm but moving into larger cage anytime now when i start and finish my new bank of enclosures :D

2005_02050177.jpg

2005_02050166.jpg

Well those pics turned out crap...here's a pic of a hatchy blue tree snake feesting on a skink backwards,i love these guys!!! :D :D :D Not a big feed but backwards and a hatchy bts is a pretty good shot i reckon :lol:

2005_01210054.jpg

I thought FLD mainly affected BHP's because their natural diet was on reptiles which are naturally low in fat. I didn't think it posed as such a threat to animals who's natural diet is small mammals.

hugsta said:
I thought FLD mainly affected BHP's because their natural diet was on reptiles which are naturally low in fat. I didn't think it posed as such a threat to animals who's natural diet is small mammals.

any reptile can get it if fed too much or extremely fatty diet. I have seen it in diamonds and a bredli as well as your standard BHP.
Even humans can get fatty livers, If you have a standard cholestrol test they can tell you how much fat you have on your liver (i know this cos I had a cholestrol test and i have high liver fat levels from eating too much animal fat :oops: )

cheers

Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back