P riding test tomorrow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I am doing my test tomorrow.
Doing it on my bike Teneri660 and I am bit worry about skill test. It is not that easy to uturn on 6.1 metre radius with large bike. The cone slalom is bit dificult to.
I can borrow their small bikes for test and have it easy, but I would like to succeed on the bike I am really riding to proove my selve that I am ready.

My friend did same think year ago and failed on his first attempt. Apparently test is not that easy to do on large sportbikes.

Wish me luck.

slatemen use their bikes as it would be easier and cheaper to pass the test, you can then ask tp do the test on your bike as tester are usual pretty good with that that my thought

As farmdog said Slatey, use their bikes, I did when I got my bike licence, besides the fact it is theirs if you drop it they are only little 250s so they are easy to throw around. Once you have got your licence you can practice your turning in the backstreets if you want to.
I saw too many ppl fail when I did mine simply because they wanted to use their own bike and lets face it some bikes aren't meant to turn in that tight a circle.

I have no idea about bikes, but good luck slateman!!!

Good luck Slatey, maybe ask them to coil an olive on every witch hat, that way you cant fail, look left, look right, lots of olives what a sight! :D

I will let you know tomorrow.
I will ask about using their bike. I practised on carpark and 4 times from 4 Managed to turn as they require. But mabe I should take the easy option.

Just picturethis and you wont run over any :lol:

image0056bt.jpg

Slatey, go and find an empty parking lot and learn how to properly control your bike. Stand up on the pegs, and use your clutch/throttle to go as slow as possible without stopping...sitting down, ride in circles, getting tighter and tighter until you are at full lock. See how fast you can stop from 70k's an hour using compression and regulating between front and rear brakes...

I've grown up riding and racing bikes (flat track - solo and sidecar, speedway - solo and sidecar, motocross, road bikes, motard...) and was made to learn that sort of stuff when I was still on a 50. It's the small stuff that makes me able to beat CRF450's on a 125...

Dear sxereturn

I did all of that son. How else i would know that I can doit 4 times from 5.
I did few hunder thousant KM in my days and do understand what is involved.
My friend is bike maniak riding ewery day and he had hard time to fallow the test requirements on his 1100cc sportsbike. This bikes are not made for zigzaging between cones.

Just on havy bike , the turns are more dificult then on postie bike.

I passed vith 0
No one mistake. yeppie I was only one in our group to achieve this. Boy I do have big big head now.
Thanks ewerybody for concern.

Well done Slatey, so when is the first APS bike cruise to ARP.......

All would be welcome Farmdog, the more the better. We can head up the old road to Road Warriors Cafe for a morning breaky and then continue up to the reptile park.

So Slatey, when we going???? :)

mick I got a Aprilia RS 250 i'm still on my Learner plates so I am restricted to a 250 in Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back