Bredli Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whytwolf

Reaction score
Hi all:

We received our new addition last week :D She is gorgeous!!!! Just a question tho... It seems she may be going into shed....her skin has gotten that opaque "milky" appearance, although her eyes haven't gone blue yet.
We were told that she was being fed every Wednesday, so Wednesday we tried feeding her (she's been eating frozen pinkies - yes we thawed it first :wink: ) She wasn't interested in eating.....since then we've put her back in the tank and she hasn't moved at all from the spot she curled up in since then (except for repositioning her head) Is this normal behaviour, she's not been very active for the last few days.

When we had our ball python, Marty, he would go fairly inactive and not want to eat when going into shed, he would soak himself in his water bucket before shed as well.

The temp in the tank is around 30 degrees. Does she need to be warmer?
Also, do Bredli's need to be misted at all to help with shed? We tried misting her a bit the other day and she really didn't seem to care for it ..Will she want to soak herself - she does have a water dish that would accomodate her if she wanted to do that.

When should we give her a go on the feeding again? Wait til tomorrow, or try feeding her again today?

Thanks for all your help :D

Cheers

whytwolf

she sounds like she is on shed, wait a couple days till she has shed and then try feeding. some snakes feed when they are coming up for a shed and some dont.

Most don't eat while shedding. Wait till a few days after then try again.

As for misting , dont bother they like it nice and dry and I have the temps between 28 at the bottom to 36 at the top of the enclosure, seems to love it, a water dish should provide enough humidity id rekon.

Bredli are from the centre of Australia, where it is fairly dry. The humidity in Sydney would be fine. Make sure you keep it dry, as they are prone to blisters if kept damp.

Is she eating pinky mice, or pinky rats?

i think the most important thing is to not try too hard, give her another week and try again, also try to offer fuzzies as these have far more nutricion.....yeah i know i cant spell..... hehe

it does sound like she going to shed, there is usually a week from the "blue" eyes then clear for 3 days to a week b4 a shed so maybe you just missed it.... :)

my bredli is pretty motionless most of the time.

got any pics?

Angel

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies :D

To be honest (and probably sound like an idiot in the process) I'm not sure if they are pinky mice or rats. :oops:
I'm not used to feeding frozen food items to our snake. Our snake in the states ate live mice and baby rats. (only supervised of course, I never let him eat alone)

We just asked for "pinkies" at Western Pet foods and they gave us a box of frozen baby rats or mice .......
They do have little hairs on them.....so they are a bit "fuzzy" perhaps that makes them fuzzies then???

I don't have any pics of her yet Angelrose...Im working on that.
She's got to move away from the bottom edge of the tank by the door first so that I can get a shot :p And she's hiding under a big leaf as well. So as soon as she gets a bit more mobile I'll snap a pic or two of her. She really is quite lovely..

"Once it sheads you should'nt have any problems, heat for an hour or-so before dark, light mist spray with warm water, offer it to your snake from the forceps, abit of a wiggle, it should take it: make sure its fully defrosted.....if it does'nt eat, leave the defrosted mouse/rat in there and take it out before you go to bed, try the the same procedure the next night if it did'nt eat......it should in a day or so. If this then fails try a fresh pinky purchaced from the pet shop, and try again, it should make a difference, let us know how you go.....good luck"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back