Just to let you know...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGAMIDAE

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Brisbane snake catchers are now Agamids Reptile products and Enclosures...we still do run Brisbane Snake Catchers but now the service is for free around Brisbane

Marc Furbank

may i ask how come its changed marc? are the government funding you?

no body funds you its on your own back I wished they did but they dont....I am in a possition now that I can do it for free as a service....let me throw a ? to you how much would you charge to take on a 6 foot eastern brown on a 40 degree day under a house, $40 is what I used to charge and that doesnt even come close to the nerve counter....other catchers in the area charge anything between $60 - $110

You're going to get lots of business!

When I used to do it, most people would ask me how much I wanted, and I'd tell them to pay me whatever they thought I was worth...some gave me $10, some gave me $100... To me it was just an easy way to go herping.

Once got a call from a lady near Mt Coot-tha saying she had a carpet snake in her ceiling...it was a Stephens. Didn't bring a hook/pinner or anything...that was interesting.

definetly worth more than 40 bucks for something like that but a carpet would be that sorta price i would think. and i applaud u for making it free of charge as i know there would be a few costs for you ie petrol time and ect. also just another ?for you are the more northern eastern browns ie from brisbane and the like heaps bigger than the ones we get here in vic? as have seen a few in captivity down here which were small but didnt ask if thats the biggest they got, and at crikey's zoo there was one at least 6ft.

I have been a licenced snake catcher for 13 years now and Jono I have had some scarey, moments and not just with the snakes....lol...and I agree good chance to go herping because you never now what to expect....like a "6 foot carpet" turning out to be a 30cm pick tongue skink...lol....once getting up inside a roof years ago and having one snake bag....bad mistake... needed 13 as there was one female the rest were males...and I had some one training with me he was horrified and didnt take up the sport...poor chap.

ricko mate we get the largest brown around.....boost a 7 foot 2 incher at Samford just north of Brissie, Jonos probable seen a few around that size...

Ricko - QLD Browns are totally different to SA and Vic Browns. They have a much more potent venom (up to 3 times more toxic) and are definitely larger. Our largest SA brown would be 5 foot max, the rest are around the 3-4 foot mark, whereas we have a few 7 foot Queenslanders and it's not too uncommon to see 8 foot wild ones.

jesus i didnt think they got that big until i saw one at crikey's zoo. are they they mostly all nutcases up there as well marc/jonno? as i have only seen one down here that didnt have the open mouth strike position happening.

have to agree you know their just going to go off the rails...with their mouths open

snakes

good to hear not everyone doing the snake catching is in it just for the money! i did it for a couple of years up north gbefore we moved, and usually asked the people what they thought it was worth. obviously taking into account wether it was a green tree snake, or a 7 foot brown!
as for you reptile product business, are you mainly focussing on the enclosures or what else will you be doing?
bombie

RE: snakes

the business is growing fast, mainly enclosures but we do offer a large range of reptile products, you are more than welcome to view these products on the website below....we intend on being the cheapest (to beat petshop prices) and largest suppliers in Brisbane and our product range is growing every week....

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back