Western tigers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westaussie

Reaction score
Was just reading the cobra post - I think that this is the closest I will ever get to owning a cobra ..........

I dont find any snakes to be agro. Tigers have an impressive defensive display but this is not aggression, just warning displays that give you the option to leave it alone. loud hisses, flattened neck and mock strikes are all part of its warning behaviour. tigers try their hardest to avoid having to bite, yet people still think that they are aggressive.

Sorry - I havnt had much to do with easterns, but I wouldnt imagine they would be much different , except in looks.

Well guys and girls, I am currently in Perth at the moment on holidays and was only having this exact discussion tonight (coincidentally). I was informed that the Western Tigers are more aggresive than Easterns. In fact, they are the most aggresive snake in the Perth area, even more than Browns, dugites etc. :)

Having been 'chased' by more than a few i'd say they are way more aggresive than eastern tigers.
used to live near a 'lake' at rockingham beach and the place litterally crawled with tigers.

Wow, thats impressive Westaussie, I had no idea tigers did that! very cool! What was it defensive about at the time? didnt like the paparazzi? :D

Red Bellies will flatten their neck like that too.
Nice pics :)

That is a top looking animal Westaussie. Iknew that flattened their heads out but had no idea it was so impressive.

Simone.

King Browns and western brown snakes do it as well

Great pics westsussie and great snakes, they are definately a fav of mine. Hope to keep them one day.

most of the black snake family can display a small hood

I've seen all manner of colour combos with the west oz ones.

I did a stint as a contract spray painter on HMAS Sterling naval base off rockingham... which is Garden Island.

MANY massive tigers there, and they didn't seem to be anywhere near as aggressive as the mainland ones. which were seperated by 1-1.5km of ocean.
Collected a few that came too close to the work area, the CALM guys that were scale clipping some tigers on the island for research. (didn't ask why)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back