what snake is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpig

Reaction score
can some one please tell me what this is called as i have never seen one before and today on my way to work i saw 2 of them dead on the road in the gold coast hinterland , sorry the pic is not very good i took it with my phone...................cheers all .........karl

how big do these get this one was about 600mm long and the other one was a bit bigger

these snakes feed entirely on blind snakes......in deffence they will lift parts of their bodies in a loop I will see if I can track a pic of them doing it.

sorry cant find one but if you have it page 447 complete guide to reptiles of australia (wilson & swan)

thanks agamidae i will have a look for that book in town p.s. my little water dragon that i got from you are going great and all feeding well

Re: RE: what snake is this

Azztech said:
they are soooo cute, how venomous are they?

They're only very mildly venomous, but the number of recorded bites is extremely small.

RE: Re: RE: what snake is this

i found a hatchling in the pool skimmer baskets out here one day, it took a while before anyone knew what it was.. apparently they are very shy and not seen often.. beautiful in real life :)
oh.. and the one i found was still alive and released :)

Re: RE: what snake is this

rumpig said:
thanks agamidae i will have a look for that book in town p.s. my little water dragon that i got from you are going great and all feeding well

no probs glad to hear the dragons are welll...always love hearing updates on them

These guy's i often see up here(NQ)...mostly roadkill,...they do an interesting display, a figure eight arching of their body, looks vey impressive....it plays tricks on your eyes, and must be some what confusing to predators,... the black and white moving, sort of hypnotic.....

They are certainly not something you see every day. Great looking snakes IMO. Pity they are hard to keep and hard to get.

ive heard of ppl keeping them, using blindsnakes to scent the food

8) Theres a few here longtom that find bandy bandys and thorny devils easy to keep,its the vast experience levels. :lol: Just watch and learn from the sidelines longtom before you tackle the greatness of insectivors and Hixs. :lol:

:) Not your question snakeman,its the answer you got about them being easy to keep.Its the same type response i got witth thorny devils its just hopeles response.There not terrarium easy unless you supply natural food. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back