Heat stones should they be used

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben1200

Reaction score
Hi all i have recieved mix reports about using heatstones i have a large one and wondering if i should use it for my yearling central netted dragons

I'm not sure with lizards but am guessing they'd be fine as they like it hot.Some people swear against hot rocks and some people use them and breed successfully.I would put one on a thermostat if you can though as they can get really hot.I've used them before and they worked well.

I use a 6watt heat rock for both my blueys and water dragons and have no problems at all.. They wander on and off all the time. The way i see it is if it is too hot for them they will move away.

I use one with my gecko. I've stood it up on its end and lent it against the wall. Then I have a big bit of bark standing beside it. That gives Zeus a hidden, vertical warm surface to sit on. He spends all day there and comes out at night.

I just use a heat light over a dark coloured rock, it then acts as a heat rock as it absorbs the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back